PCSX2 partners with AVG
I think it will help us every time you install it. However it will not offer it to you if you already have it installed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(12-27-2013, 01:53 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Prolly linked to ip address.

When did you become a super moderator? I just noticed Tongue

(12-27-2013, 01:54 AM)refraction Wrote: I think it will help us every time you install it. However it will not offer it to you if you already have it installed.

Ah no worries mate. Thanks to sandbox applications, i could have it running for days. And what better way to do so than with a competitor of their field, COMODO Tongue
(12-27-2013, 02:05 AM)Coornio Wrote: When did you become a super moderator? I just noticed Tongue

Not really. I got made a mod earlier, but the mod functions aren't working. Refraction made me super mod and they started working, but then bositman revoked that so he could fix it properly.

So as of right now, I look really powerful, but the only power I have that you don't is the ability to warn people.

But soon... yes... soon...
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
shhh! don't tell people you have a faux ban hammer! Tongue

(12-27-2013, 02:18 AM)refraction Wrote: shhh! don't tell people you have a faux ban hammer! Tongue

I actually think I could actually ban people. I can see this in people's profile:

[Image: mod_zpsdbd98afb.png]

The only thing I'm missing is the ability to close threads/edit posts.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
yeh you can then ;p resume Tongue

I find it amusing I may be one of the sole dissenting voices here.
I am happy that the devs of PCSX2 can be paid for their (open source) work. Fantastic!

Ultimately the PCSX2 coders are the ones that can do what they feel like.
In fact if it wasn't for that Orphis Build Bot, most of us would still be stuck on the 1.0 release without much recourse other than (trying) to compile it ourselves.
On Windows, Visual Studio costs quite a bit of money and most might need to depend on 3rd-party compilers that may or may not have the best interests of the community in mind.

I have a few concerns that I'd like to have info on.

-Will all fixes and source code created remain completely open-source under GPL? Is this guaranteed by the PCSX2 devs/coders?
-Will fixes and updates be ported over to the Mac and Linux builds? The Mac build at the minimum deserves a proper 1.0 release (even if it is just a pretty GUI on a Unix-based system).
-Can the money generated be posted (along with a donation link) and the funds be directly used for 'major bug bounty' prizes for those who come up with solutions to long-standing bugs and issues? This method might be more beneficial to the overall PCSX2 community here if we have some transparency on it.
I believe you can compile it with Visual Studio Express though. But most people wouldn't care to do that. I did actually compile my own though!
(12-27-2013, 02:58 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: I find it amusing I may be one of the sole dissenting voices here.

Then i hope i can ease your doubts Smile
(12-27-2013, 02:58 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: -Will all fixes and source code created remain completely open-source under GPL? Is this guaranteed by the PCSX2 devs/coders?
Yes i can guarantee the program will remain open source and free for users to compile themselves or download from the Orphis Buildbot.
(12-27-2013, 02:58 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: -Will fixes and updates be ported over to the Mac and Linux builds? The Mac build at the minimum deserves a proper 1.0 release (even if it is just a pretty GUI on a Unix-based system).
The linux version shares the same code base so all fixes will come across automatically. The mac version is however an unofficial port so we cannot guarantee what the future of that version is.
(12-27-2013, 02:58 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: -Can the money generated be posted (along with a donation link) and the funds be directly used for 'major bug bounty' prizes for those who come up with solutions to long-standing bugs and issues? This method might be more beneficial to the overall PCSX2 community here if we have some transparency on it.
We can consider possibly doing a bug finding bounty in the future if this partnership proves to be fruitful, as of yet we do not know.

As for displaying the money generated, we are under an NDA with AVG on payouts so we are unable to provide this information to the public. Not to mention the figure wouldn't be accurate as we have to pay an accountant, server and split the money between team members (somehow) along with any other expenses. As for the donations this might be possible, but we get a lot of "fake" donations, which is really irritating!

"fake" donations?

How does someone make a fake donation? Like with a fake CC number or something???