PCSX2 partners with AVG
Wow, such a great news . Congratulations guys!

:-)
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  

Sponsored links

I didn't know about AVG so far.
This would mean one of results of AVG's marketing that they've chosen pcsx2 as one of partners. Smile
This is one the few sites I willing "suffered" adds and such, besides I have installed and uninstalled AVG so many times, from different sources than one more will not do harm. I just hope having installed it and removed afterwards before don't harm the PCSX2 counting.

So, if it brings revenues to the devs it does have my bless Smile good luck guys, you deserve.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Made an account to comment on this. Advertising is the price we pay for free services. It looks like you guys put a lot of thought into this and made sure it wasn't terribly intrusive. There's a reason I have flash disabled by default, and I trust you guys not to pull that kind of stuff!

From my experience with it (admittedly a while ago), AVG is decent software. I'm very glad to hear you're getting more support!

Now if only I were better at coding...
I usually hate this kind of stuff, but that is because programs seem to make it difficult declining the install. If declining is easy, I won't mind (I don't use AVG, always preferred ESET).
declining is as simple as choosing a custom install and unticking the boxes, then it will not install it. None of this having to click "decline" and having "Accept" where the next button was and all the other sneeky tricks people use. We wanted it to be pretty obvious what to do and what choices were available (i actually made it more obvious than AVG wanted me to, but i protested on behalf of the team and users)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Before Windows 8 I used AVG and some alternatives as Free Virus scan monitors. What could annoy is the toolbar itself (I hate them), but that is the case where it can be easily uninstalled (or not installed at all). So be it, developing a software like an emulator is very hard work deserving some kind of monetary return.
Imagination is where we are truly real
PCSX2 should consider joining up here:

https://www.gittip.com/
That's awesome. Unexpected for someone to want to partner with a console emulator, but awesome nonetheless.

I'll probably install AVG along with PCSX2 1.2 after the parts for my new rig arrive. May not keep it installed for long, since I typically ride bareback and have never had any issues.
PCSX2 is one of the best things to come out of the internet in the last 12 years. I will install this toolbar if it means I can support you guys and thank you for this amazing piece of software you've all created.

Congrats on the partnership Smile