PCSX2 partners with AVG
AVG and Bitdefender free are both good. Im actually using BitDefender at the moment as it seems to require a bit less memory, but it's just a resident shield, no web browser stuff or anything ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(12-27-2013, 05:32 AM)refraction Wrote: AVG and Bitdefender free are both good. Im actually using BitDefender at the moment as it seems to require a bit less memory, but it's just a resident shield, no web browser stuff or anything ;p

Yeah, it's atleast better than windows defender.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
well microsoft say to use something other than security essentials, says it all really Tongue2

but i also do weekly scans with Malwarebytes (unless something is iffy, then i do one then)

(12-27-2013, 05:37 AM)refraction Wrote: well microsoft say to use something other than security essentials, says it all really Tongue2

but i also do weekly scans with Malwarebytes (unless something is iffy, then i do one then)

Malwarebytes is some good stuff.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I had been using AVG, but now I prefer the Avira Ultimate Protection Suite (with all features) and it is quite light weight on resources.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
I didn't use anti virus for around a year and nothing happened.. right now i'm running MS security essentials though. But i really believe that if you are higly skeptical against unknown files/websites you have a small change of a virus at most. Before you download/run or click something just google the website name or program name.. forums are the best way to figure out if something is good software.
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

Indeed. Staying cautious at all times goes a long way.
I also have script blockers and various other Firefox plugins but those
get in the way of browsing a bit. It's worth it for me but I can imagine others
don't want the extra hassle Tongue2
The most hideous free anti-virus blegh sorry but this isn't a logical step. I hate it so much that while installing software you get nagware. I know that you folks need income to keep everything running, but this is annoying.
(12-27-2013, 02:15 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: The most hideous free anti-virus blegh sorry but this isn't a logical step. I hate it so much that while installing software you get nagware. I know that you folks need income to keep everything running, but this is annoying.

You can just uncheck it so what's the problem? And if someone doesn't uncheck it they are most likely naive or lazy and they need anti-virus anyway.

Come on, this is just what happens in a market where consumers desperately want free software.. nothing in the world is free, especially emulators Tongue
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

(12-27-2013, 02:15 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: The most hideous free anti-virus blegh sorry but this isn't a logical step. I hate it so much that while installing software you get nagware. I know that you folks need income to keep everything running, but this is annoying.

As dutch_coffee said, we are not forcing you guys to install this, but it will not do anything bad to your machine and is a lot less useless than say the google toolbar or yahoo toolbar, or those horrible spammy ones like yondoo or whatever it is.

But if you don't want it you can simply uncheck it, we do not force people to install it.

Bundled software with free software is very much a standard practice these days to cover things. Oracle do it, adobe does it, google does it with its own software, even winzip does it these days. It's just the way of free software on the internet these days, almost like a compromise for not paying for things.

I'm sorry if it upsets people that we have gone down the route of other free software these days but it was a move which pretty much had to be done, things have changed and moved forward, so we have to move with it in order to keep going.