PCSX2 partners with AVG
I dislike this entitlement generation. The amount of vitriol a don't block my ads discussion produces can fill a swimming pool and I can smell the BS justifications a mile away (its free so I'm not stealing). I wouldn't waste my time on them.

Sponsored links

I downloaded PCSX2 1.2.0 now and chose not to install the AVG toolbar as I already have another bar installed. Then after that I opened firefox to find that the toolbar had installed. Now I click the dropdown menu on the toolbar and select "Hide/uninstall the AVG Toolbar" then firefox closes and another window pops up asking if I want to hide it or uninstall it and I choose uninstall it. Then a message pops up saying are sure you wish to uninstall and I choose yes then I get an error message "The requested action was not completed. Please try again later" I've tried doing it 5 times now. I thought this supposed to be easy to uninstall???
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
The bar should not have installed if you unticked both boxes correctly, so im not sure why it went on.

to uninstall it go in to control panel, then progeams and features, it should be listed as AVG Safeguard, you should be able to uninstall it from there. (You might need admin rights to do so if you haven't)

If that doesnt work ill see if theres a tool to remove it for you.

sorry for the annoyance caused Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-03-2014, 05:47 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: I downloaded PCSX2 1.2.0 now and chose not to install the AVG toolbar as I already have another bar installed. Then after that I opened firefox to find that the toolbar had installed.

Hmm.. This is not fun. Thanks for the report, we'll try to reproduce it. You're absolutely sure you opted out, and it still installed?

(02-03-2014, 05:47 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: ... Then a message pops up saying are sure you wish to uninstall and I choose yes then I get an error message "The requested action was not completed. Please try again later" I've tried doing it 5 times now. I thought this supposed to be easy to uninstall???

Also very bad. We haven't seen this happen ourselves. We'll need to talk to AVG about this. Thanks again for the report.
Maybe I didn't uncheck it but I'm pretty sure I did. I couldn't get it uninstalled in add/remove programs either but I managed to disable it in firefox settings so it's okay now. Hope you got your moneySmile
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Gigabyte H81M
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
(02-03-2014, 07:16 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: Maybe I didn't uncheck it but I'm pretty sure I did. I couldn't get it uninstalled in add/remove programs either but I managed to disable it in firefox settings so it's okay now. Hope you got your moneySmile

we will have done and i'm very sorry it didn't uninstall as intended, during all testing phases it uninstalled successfully from add/remove programs.

If it's any use AVG have a tool which may do the job, you will find it here: http://www.avg.com/gb-en/faq.num-5200

good luck and thank you!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-03-2014, 08:40 PM)refraction Wrote: we will have done and i'm very sorry it didn't uninstall as intended, during all testing phases it uninstalled successfully from add/remove programs.

If it's any use AVG have a tool which may do the job, you will find it here: http://www.avg.com/gb-en/faq.num-5200

good luck and thank you!

Haha I got the bar to go away so it's really fine..
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Gigabyte H81M
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
first i say congratulation sir, i've using avg before i update with new version, and i have the avg toolbar before then, do you still get revenue from it sir? or i should remove avg and the safeguard then install pcsx2 before avg so you can get the revenue sir?
because i don't mind with the toolbar if i can help sir..
(06-12-2014, 05:05 AM)chio3846 Wrote: first i say congratulation sir, i've using avg before i update with new version, and i have the avg toolbar before then, do you still get revenue from it sir? or i should remove avg and the safeguard then install pcsx2 before avg so you can get the revenue sir?
because i don't mind with the toolbar if i can help sir..

Don't do anything special for PCSX2. No need to remove previous versions.
If the people don't want this bar,need to install GIT version (1.3.0) or compile it by yourself.......Simple as 1 2 3 Wink