PCSX2 refuses to get configured or write anything
I have searched for this problem for AGES now. I have searched this forum in search for an answer and the only answer people have given to this problem is: "Try to install PCSX2 in another folder that is not c/win/programfiles etc etc. 

So basically the problem is: I download the software, i install it successfully on ANY drive. C:, D:, desktop, on my usb, i have tried moving files anywhere. The only thing i have not tried is to run it on a virtual machine. After i install PCSX2, i have of course to configure it. Looks ok, but as soon as i start to configure anything, say for example the PAD (it could be any of the rest tho) i come up with error messages that i am not allowed to do so

I have tried to look for this problem for SOO long right now. Not only on these forums but on the internet in general but to no avail.
If i simply ignore it and click cancel and go on with the configuration, i then chose the BIOS successfully and the normal log window opens up with no errors yet. Looks like this

But as soon as i even click into anything of the menu options. For example emulation settings, the problems start to appear. The log dialog starts to look like this. 

And that is mild. ANY function of the emulator at all will prompt an error. From trying to configure the PAD, the GS plugins, and trying to even run an iso at all. 

And yes as i mentioned above, i HAVE tried to install it in another directory, i have tried anything possible. I even installed it on a usb lol. This problems seems to only be on my pc for some reason. On my laptop the emulator works fine and dandy on the program files folder. I have no idea what to do and i would really really appreciate if somebody could help me.

P.S: Do not tell me to run it as an admin or w.e i have tried that as-well. What is curious tho, is that i tried to download the PCSX2 which was in a zip folder from the website. And WHILE it was still inside the rar file, it would configure the pad and the plugins without giving such error messages. It would give different errors nevertheless. If anyone is interested i can post them here. 

Please help Sad

Sponsored links

Check the permissions on the folder containing the pcsx2 binary. For your user account, it should look something like this:
[Image: P2SnjU0.png]
If it works in the .rar but not when you extract, I wonder if the folder is being made with a bunch of these permissions denied...

Edit: In case you don't know how to find this permissions screen, right click the folder, hit Properties, then go to the Security tab, and click your user in the top list.
(12-10-2017, 07:04 PM)pandubz Wrote: Check the permissions on the folder containing the pcsx2 binary. For your user account, it should look something like this:
[Image: P2SnjU0.png]
If it works in the .rar but not when you extract, I wonder if the folder is being made with a bunch of these permissions denied...

Edit: In case you don't know how to find this permissions screen, right click the folder, hit Properties, then go to the Security tab, and click your user in the top list.

Already tried it yesterday aswell, forgot to mention in the post. It did not work. As to today still unsure what is making this not function
Maybe an anti virus blocking permissions ?
what release of windows are you running? There was a change in 1709 that protects the file system.. you may have to disable it.

What account did you install this as? Did you have a UAC prompt when you installed it?
What are your UAC settings set at?

Open explorer and browse to your d:\emu\blah blah folder.. lets just work on the emu.. get me a screen shot of your security settings. Do it from the advanced tab.
While you're in there.. click on the effective permissions tab and see what THAT says.
Do you have AV running (besides the integrated windows defender?) If so, do you have on access protection running? Can you exclude your install directory and your logs folder (I forget its exact location).
You get the same results running as admin.. ok, Is this a standalone machine or a domain? Are you actually a member of the local admin group or are you just a power user? Can you write in the directory.. something like a text file? If you want a simple test.. do this and see if it creates a file "dir >> .\testfile.txt" from that directory..

I'm sure I'll think of something else or not.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
Ok, looked at your build number, matches mine.. open up windows defender security center, open virus and threat protection settings, and check the controlled folder access. If that is on, turn it off and try again..
nzxt 340 case
or maybe due to restriction per username......maybe trying "run as admin"
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Strike, he has already done that.. its in the PS of his first post.. he said he did run as admin with same results.

There may also be clues in the system logs.. Are you seeing anything in security/system/application event logs? Do you have auditing enabled to show all denies (do this short term.. google doesnt have the harddrive space to do that full time.....)
nzxt 340 case