PCSX2 repeated crashing on startup
(01-12-2015, 04:51 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Did you install the x86 bit of VC Redist or the x64 bit?

The x86 bit one, I got it directly from the link on the troubleshooting guide.

(01-12-2015, 04:52 PM)ssakash Wrote: did this problem occur on the 1.2.1 version of pcsx2.

No, I don't recall ever having an issue like this with 1.2.1

(01-12-2015, 06:00 PM)avih Wrote: Since newer versions are portable by default, do you still have the older version around as well?

Does the older version still work?

GSdx has been going through some Linux related changes, but some of those are known to affect (crash) some windows systems.

One suggestion would be to try the newer version but with GSdx from your older version (copy the gsdx dll from the older version plugins folder to the plugins folder of the new one), and once you can boot without crashing, change your GS plugin to the older dll, and see if that fixes the issue.

I might still have the install for the older one on the computer, I'm pretty lazy about clearing that stuff off the HD unless its large... I was probably going to reinstall it and revert to it eventually if I couldn't solve this issue, so I could probably try the older dll. (Would have to re-install the old version, but that's no big deal)

Edit: Did reinstall 1.2.1 in a new location and it seems to run fine. But 1.3.0 still crashes, the GS plugins from the older version did not stop it from doing so.

Sponsored links