Intel Pentium G2010 @2.80GHz
2Gb RAM
GeForce 8400 GS 1252Mb
DirectX 10
32-bit OS

which settings can i tweak a bit? Smile

Sponsored links

Depend if you get cpu or gpu limited.
CPU limitation can be observed by any of the % reaching 100 or near it, if it's far from this, you most likely get gpu limited.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about look at the top of the windows displaying game in pcsx2;3 it should have EE%, GS%, and with one optional speedhack also VU%, there's also an UI%, but that totally doesn't matter unless the rest of it already sums up to fill all your cpu power;p. Also since it's often confused, althrough GS is graphic chip, GS% shows only what graphic plugin runs over cpu it's not linked in any way to gpu usage, that's why gpu limitation is usually only guessed without checking it with external programs;p.

Anyway once you know what holds you up, it's easy.
Simplifying - experiment with speedhacks for cpu limitation, and with gsdx settings for gpu limitation.

Your gpu is weak and old, probably being what holds you down in most cases, hence you should probably set native res if it's not yet done and you might try changing "allow 8 bit textures"(this option can affect performance highly depending on gpu and the game, but can be as much of a slowdown as a speedup, hence don't forget checking with it on and off;p).

Aside from those there are some other options, like super VU(emulation settings>VU's) being exceptionally fast in some games, setting clamping modes to "none" there can also give few fps in some games, and in terms of graphics you can use skipdraw or agressiveCRC in gsdx hardware hacks(which is basically same, just predefined to few games;p), but none of those are actually performance options and while helping with speed at times, they can in fact cause less or more unexpected problems or do nothing measureable at all.

There's also a frameskip ~ emulation settings>GS ~ which decrease both cpu(but only at GS% which usually isn't a problem anyway) and gpu usage, but it's not accurate, it can break stuff and well, to begin with frame skipping is what it is, choppy animation is usually worse than awful to watch. Speaking of which you can also set custom res below native in gsdx to something like 256x256, but if anything is beyond awful, that would be this;p. Both of those are considered for desperates, most of the time just ruin the game experience.

If nothing helps, especially if your fps are really low, then just give up on the game;p. All games have different requirements, some will lag on top end OC hardware, others run on pretty much everything including netbooks, your system is pretty average hence many games can run fine, but also many others will lag even if you stand on your head trying to improve it. Save yourself the irritation and ruining good memories or expectations and don't try too hard, there's really no magic button which could drastically change game requirements.
What game u trying to play , well ur proccessor is good enough for pcsx2....
@miseru99: GPU-limited, I'm 99.9% sure of that
Yes bro ur gpu is weak,try to switch in ur integrated hdgraphics its better then it..
(06-03-2013, 02:39 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: Yes bro ur gpu is weak,try to switch in ur integrated hdgraphics its better then it..

how? Smile

(06-03-2013, 02:26 PM)Saiki Wrote: @miseru99: GPU-limited, I'm 99.9% sure of that

what settings should i change? Smile
;c I wrote it all already in my long post which ended up unread, oh well. Not gonna repeat it.;p
(Edit: I did also wrote it's most likely gpu holding his down in most cases;p, just my post was more general;p, when somebody asks for a fish I prefer to share a fishing pole;p, either cause being vegetarian and not having fishes;p or cause I think it's more usefull, since all of those questions repeat everyday;p)
(06-03-2013, 04:09 PM)miseru99 Wrote: ;c I wrote it all already in my long post which ended up unread, oh well. Not gonna repeat it.;p
(Edit: I did also wrote it's most likely gpu holding his down in most cases;p, just my post was more general;p, when somebody asks for a fish I prefer to share a fishing pole;p, either cause being vegetarian and not having fishes;p or cause I think it's more usefull, since all of those questions repeat everyday;p)

Dont bother helping and let the others do.
Soon, people will miss you if you do so Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
@todahhnah -read the miserue99 post u got ur answer..