PCSX2 running in SlowMotion
Hi,

I don't know what to do. I tried nearly everything but it won't work.

First off, my system:

i5 3450 @ 3.5 GHz
R9 280x 3GB
8GB DDR3-1600

I installed the newest version of PCSX2 (just reinstalled it before posting) and tried every plugin. But even on native resolution, it is in slow motion. I tried it with Burnout Revenge and NHL Hitz Pro.

I tried with DX11 and DX9 (both in HW mode) but it is still slow motion. Like I said, I also tried every graphic plugin (SSE2, SSE3, SSE41, AVX) the latter should work the best with my CPU.

Why I think this is strange is, I had another PC last year with a i5 3350p and a HD7790 1GB. And that machine could handle all the games very well at 3x Native resolution and 2xMSAA.

Now I can't seem to run any games in native resolution.

Does anybody has some tipps for me? Like I said, all standard settings.

Sponsored links

can you please post the emulog.txt when you run a game ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Here it is. Just started a race in Burnout Revenge.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 14,44 KB / Downloads: 224)
I was hoping this would appear in the log, but no.
did you select the relevant adapter in gsdx config ?
maybe pcsx2 is using your intel HD 3000 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yep, was my thought aswell but I set it to the R9.

edit: I realized my title / description is not accurate:

The games run smooth in some situations. I.e.:

Burnout: slowdowns every 5 or so seconds and when you hit some cars / theres a lot of traffic
NHL Hitz Pro: when in the attacking zone and there are only about 6 players on the screen, it works. Once all 10 skaters are on the screen -> slow downs.
Burnout games are super demanding, so I guess that's the problem there. Dunno about the other game though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
What are GS% and EE% readings during slowdowns?
Overheating issue possible?
(07-07-2014, 11:22 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Burnout games are super demanding, so I guess that's the problem there. Dunno about the other game though.

The problem I have is that it ran well with weaker hardware.

@willkuer

I look at it later, not at home right now.
The two CPU you mentioned are very similar, with the 3450 being very slightly faster.

Were you using a release level build(ie not SVN or GIT before) and then are using an SVN or GIT now? The release level builds have PGO optimization and are slightly faster.

Also, are you using MTVU speedhack?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-07-2014, 05:53 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The two CPU you mentioned are very similar, with the 3450 being very slightly faster.

Were you using a release level build(ie not SVN or GIT before) and then are using an SVN or GIT now? The release level builds have PGO optimization and are slightly faster.

Also, are you using MTVU speedhack?

is Speedstep enabled? (EIST) if so is cpu being throttled back from fullspeed? if so turn off EIST.

If not i dont know as I dont have the game or know just how demanding it is.