PCSX2 running slow
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the settings to run Tony Hawks Underground 2 or Crash of the Titans?
My pc can run games like rust and gta, so I know its not bad.

Intel Core i5 - 6200
NVIDIA GeForce 950mx
8GB Ram // 7.89 useable

I am running Tony Hawks Underground 2 at about 50% speed average, and 30fps

Sponsored links

What is your PCSX2 version and GSdx settings? Emulation is different then running a PC game, so performance is not comparable.
Thats a 6200u proc isnt it.. and its a laptop right?

The 950mx (I'm not seeing anything on this card, is it a gtx 940mx or a gtx 950m?), while a solid laptop card, is NOT particularly strong.. but that should handle things fairly well at 1x or 2x.

Your i5 6200u - that has a STP of roughly 1500, which is on the low side for pcsx. You can run some games well enough, but you're definitely going to struggle with a lot of games and frame rates.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(02-18-2018, 04:12 AM)scythefwd Wrote: Thats a 6200u proc isnt it.. and its a laptop right?

The 950mx (I'm not seeing anything on this card, is it a gtx 940mx or a gtx 950m?), while a solid laptop card, is NOT particularly strong.. but that should handle things fairly well at 1x or 2x.  

Your i5 6200u - that has a STP of roughly 1500, which is on the low side for pcsx.  You can run some games well enough, but you're definitely going to struggle with a lot of games and frame rates.

Yes I have a laptop. It is capable of running every game i have on pcsx (except mortal kombat shaolin monks). I have ran tony hawks underground 2 perfect in the past but I have messed around with the settings for other games and it f*cked itself.
(02-18-2018, 02:02 AM)CK1 Wrote: What is your PCSX2 version and GSdx settings? Emulation is different then running a PC game, so performance is not comparable.

I can run tony hawks underground 2, as i have in the past, but I keep changing the settings and I forgot what the settings were for the game. These are my current settings, but I have been constantly changing them at the moment (P.S The game I'm trying to run will crash if i have MTVU on...             )
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go