PCSX2 running slow(help please) =]
maybe using a different sound plugin can give you some speed, also put both clamps to None, use supervu, maybe frameskiping (consider it a last option), also use as less speedhacks as you can and try them 1 by one to find the best combination for speed (sometimes they behave different in groups).

experiment with all these ALLOT before posting again Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest

Sponsored links

(06-29-2010, 02:53 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: maybe using a different sound plugin can give you some speed, also put both clamps to None, use supervu, maybe frameskiping (consider it a last option), also use as less speedhacks as you can and try them 1 by one to find the best combination for speed (sometimes they behave different in groups).

experiment with all these ALLOT before posting again Tongue
trust me i have except the sound plugin. I'm still experimenting with that. I've got Tenkaichi 3 at full speed with graphic glitches. Ppl losing legs and such. Budokai 3 runs at about 50-60 which could be better but works.
It works fine without much speedhackerory. Do i need to set something on the actual video card? My NVDIA?
BTW, what sound plugin would you recommend?(Im using SPU-X)
just try them all....along with the other staff i said above
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Hi guy,

Load into a game, load up to where it's laggy. Look at the title bar of the window and say FPS ###, EE: % and GS %

Then from there it should be simple to choose what options you've chosen wrong.

Secondly - go through config -> Emulation settings and go through each tab pressing "restore defaults" for EE/IOP & VUs. Then in GS click "disable frame limiting" then change frame skipping to disabled. Next tab: Window, most settings won't do anything. Next tab Speedhacks: Turn them off with unchecking "enable speedhacks". Next tab: Gamefixes, turn them off by unchecking "Enable game fixes".

Run games again and see what's happening. If GS % is high (up near 100%) Click plugin settings, have renderer probably at D3D10/11 hardware. Click the "Or use original PS2 resolution" and make sure "Experimental HW anti aliasing" is set to 0 or 1.

If the problem is EE: I'd look at changing some plugins. Defaults usually work quite well, but who knows maybe one of them is bugging out.

But that's about all the generic advice I can give. I don't have problems even when i clock my CPU back to its stock 3ghz (not much above your 2.8) so i'm not sure where your troubles are. It could be specific game related. If you can try more games then it'll help with diagnosing if its a specific game issue or if its a setting. Don't be shy to test different settings yourself. You learn more from breaking it than you can by often browsing forums.
(06-30-2010, 04:24 PM)skythra Wrote: Hi guy,

Load into a game, load up to where it's laggy. Look at the title bar of the window and say FPS ###, EE: % and GS %

Then from there it should be simple to choose what options you've chosen wrong.

Secondly - go through config -> Emulation settings and go through each tab pressing "restore defaults" for EE/IOP & VUs. Then in GS click "disable frame limiting" then change frame skipping to disabled. Next tab: Window, most settings won't do anything. Next tab Speedhacks: Turn them off with unchecking "enable speedhacks". Next tab: Gamefixes, turn them off by unchecking "Enable game fixes".

Run games again and see what's happening. If GS % is high (up near 100%) Click plugin settings, have renderer probably at D3D10/11 hardware. Click the "Or use original PS2 resolution" and make sure "Experimental HW anti aliasing" is set to 0 or 1.

If the problem is EE: I'd look at changing some plugins. Defaults usually work quite well, but who knows maybe one of them is bugging out.

But that's about all the generic advice I can give. I don't have problems even when i clock my CPU back to its stock 3ghz (not much above your 2.8) so i'm not sure where your troubles are. It could be specific game related. If you can try more games then it'll help with diagnosing if its a specific game issue or if its a setting. Don't be shy to test different settings yourself. You learn more from breaking it than you can by often browsing forums.
Yeah I'm starting to learn experimenting is key. Thankx everyone. ^-^
Alright so, ee is the soul problem here. I got it to run over 60 fps in game, slowed it down, got 60 fps. I think everythings good, but EE is still high...
I have a video for a best config
link *removed*
(09-13-2010, 05:36 PM)andreaasdasdas Wrote: I have a video for a best config
link *removed*

You are using a *hacked* version of PCSX2 0.9.6, which is 1)Illegal , 2)VASTLY outdated, 3)Way less compatible than the latest 0.9.7 beta.
[Image: newsig.jpg]