PCSX2 running slow/ low fps
Hi. Im running PCSX2 with the gsdx sse2 4600 graphics plugin configured to directx 9 or 10 (software) and it's running in slow motion with low fps. My system is a Phenom II X4 830 2.8 GHZ overclocked to 3.16 GHZ, 4GB RAM and a MSI 9600 GT. I'm wondering if there's a configuration setting I can change or a setting in windows I can change to speed it up. I will probably try to overclock maybe 200mhz more but I just performed the overclock to 3.16GHZ and it didnt make a difference that I could see. I have all of the speed hacks checked off besides one and I moved the 2 sliders to full. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored links

From what I looked up, your card is a little old.

When playing a game, is the "GS" at the top of the emulation window reaching anywhere close to 100%?
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
During gameplay it's between 95 and 105 the whole time.
Your video card is your definite bottle cap.

Open your video plugin settings (Config>Video>Plugin Settings) and make sure native resolution is checked. If that doesn't get you to full speed, enable and configure frame skipping.

For example, if you're running at 30 FPS, set it to skip 1 frame and draw 1. If you're running at 40 FPS, set it to skip 1 frame and draw 2. If you're running at 20 FPS, set it to skip 2 frames and draw 1, etc.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
I got NBA 09 running pretty good but when I switched to Gran Turismo 4 it was only a bit faster. Do some games run faster than others on PCSX2? Maybe because they're newer? Thank you for your help.
Some games are definitely more heavy on the system than others because they use different engines and are made differently, even if they look similar.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Thank you very much for your help. Smile