PCSX2 running slow since upgrade
I downloaded PCSX2 a couple of years ago and had no problems with running at a constant 60 FPS. Recently however, I have been lucky to achieve 30 FPS with a system that has an upgraded video card from my last one, though all of the same parts otherwise.

My old card was a Nvidia 9800 GTX 1GB and my new card is an AMD Radeon HD 7770 1gb.

I am just curious if maybe it was the upgrade to windows 8.1 that is causing my issue. I have tried changing pretty much every graphics setting, including speed hacks and game fixes. I have also tried without sound to see if that helps, but it doesn't. I have gone back to different archived editions as well to see if that would do the trick, but it doesn't help any.

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon II x4 620 - 2.6 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7770 - 1GB
Sound Blaster Z Sound Card
8 GB RAM
64 bit Windows 8.1 Pro

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored links

What games are you trying to play?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
That CPU isn't exactly great.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
The upgrade to 8.1 is NOT the cause, in fact if anything it created a speed up. And a second the question of what games you have tried
What version of PCSX2 are you using?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-27-2014, 05:16 PM)refraction Wrote: What version of PCSX2 are you using?

personally I don't see that mattering TOO much, anything after 0.9.8 was fairly fast for me
(06-27-2014, 05:19 PM)Saiki Wrote: personally I don't see that mattering TOO much, anything after 0.9.8 was fairly fast for me

It does matter, because if he reinstalled windows and he's using 1.0.0 and he put on the non-sp1 version of the runtimes, it WILL run slowly.

(06-27-2014, 05:20 PM)refraction Wrote: put on the non-sp1 version of the runtimes, it WILL run slowly.
That's the runtimes, not the program though, not that I'm trying to argue.
(06-27-2014, 05:22 PM)Saiki Wrote: That's the runtimes, not the program though, not that I'm trying to argue.

It's still relevant, if he was using 1.2.1, it wouldn't be an issue as it uses different runtimes, so if he's using 1.0.0 we can make the assumption that might be the problem as it is a known issue, get the OP to update them (or update PCSX2, even better), issue solved, instead of messing around trying things which are unlikely to be the cause.

So PCSX2 version is ENTIRELY relevant in this situation.

I am using 1.2.1, but I have tried 0.9.8, 0.9.6, and 1.0.0 and they have all turned out doing the same thing.

I have VC 2010 SP1 x86 installed, running 4.5 for .net framework.

As for the CPU comment, I used to run PCSX2 with the same CPU and a 9800 GTX at a constant 60 fps so I don't think that it should be an issue. for arguments sake, I have only put in better parts that what I used to have, so unless there is a bias by PCSX2 towards Nvidia cards, I can't see an issue with that.