PCSX2 running slow.
Hello, new here. The game I am trying to emulate is dynasty warrior 2. The game runs fine and sounds great at the start of the game but then slows down and becomes choppy the moment I encounter enemies. The bgm sound also becomes slow and distorted as do the character's attack voice.

I am running on an:
core 2 duo e8400 @ 3.0 ghz
Radeon HD 4850
4 gig of ddr2 ram
Window 7 64 bit.

My PLUGIN set up is:

bios: USA v02.00

gs: GSdx 4600 (SSE41) rendering with direct3d 10 (hardware) on native resolution

spu2: spu2-x r4600m with interpolation at 1-linear. The rest is default.

My Emulation setting is:

EE/IOP: both recompiler, chop/zero, normal

VUs: both microVU recompiler, chop/zero, normal

gs: base frame: 100%
Slow motion: 50%
turbo adjust 200%
frame skipping is disabled.

GS window: Aspect ratio is 4:3 with "wait for vsync on refresh" checked.

speedhack and game fixes are unchecked.

Thanks in advance for helping me resolve this issue!

Sponsored links

Try enabling speed hacks, u can use the preset slider for that, mmmmm also when ur playing what r the EE and GS % ?
i don't think a bottleneck shall happen with his PC
anyway stay away from VU speed hack it cause visual problem with this game
(08-11-2011, 05:38 PM)ecchiless Wrote: Try enabling speed hacks, u can use the preset slider for that, mmmmm also when ur playing what r the EE and GS % ?

EE: 94 - 100%
GS: 25 - 30%

Okay to be more specific on this problem. When I am in the midst of combat surrounded by at least 10 npc on screen or even looking at the battle going on from afar, the game slows down along with the sounds.

When I run away from the battle into an open area occupied by only 2 or 3 npc, the game is running smoothly.
looks like your CPU is struggling.
I you can, a little overclock to 3.5 Ghz should do the trick.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Dynasty Warriors games always get pretty heavy with groups of enemies.

Did you try Speedhacks then?&nbsp You never followed up on that. Tongue
(08-11-2011, 06:11 PM)Rezard Wrote: Dynasty Warriors games always get pretty heavy with groups of enemies.

Did you try Speedhacks then?&nbsp You never followed up on that. Tongue

I used the preset speedhack.

preset 5 slowed my game down to a crawl.

preset 1-3 did not show any visible improvement during combat.
Ok.&nbsp Then there are two options I see:

&nbsp 1.&nbsp Overclock your CPU.&nbsp If you can't, you can't.&nbsp But if you can, it will take to some quite well. Wink

&nbsp 2.&nbsp Try Speedhacks manually.&nbsp The presets do start to add a little bit of everything, and there is a chance that one of those hacks it used was actually a hinderance to the framerate.

If trying Speedhacks manually, there's a bit of "trial and error" to be done on your part.&nbsp I suggest you start with the 3 [Recommended] hacks, since they're most likely not an issue, then begin adding to the EE Cyclerate one step at a time, and keep checking the gameplay to see what it's actively doing.

Also, be sure and move the preset slider all the way back to "Safest" before you un-check it, otherwise it will leave the changes it made to settings intact.
I've tried several settings and have found that the game ran the fastest when speedhack is not used.

I guess the problem is strictly cpu related