PCSX2 running slower after overclocking
I'll give it a try thanks

My processor sports a Tuniq Tower 120 with Arctic Cooling MX-7 Thermal Compound. My case has a 120mm fan on the back and a 80mm fan on the side.

Sponsored links

NICE, all i have is a cpu fan a case fan a rear and front fan, id like to have a bigger front fan though to take in more air, but yeah your good to go. if u have an ASUS then my map of half *** directions should be fine.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.
My guess is unstable oc (yes even if prime passes). I had the exact same thing happen to me and in the end i had to pump the processor's vcore some to get it working properly.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-04-2011, 10:51 PM)mrlion Wrote: I'm not understanding....the processor is already overclocked the problem here is that its underclocking to prevent high temperatures when I'm running stuff like PCSX2 I'm figuring out how to disable that.

if your cpu is underclocking to prevent high temps, then perhaps you are overclocking too much, especially if you have stock hsf.
Sorry for this BUMP, I still haven't resolved this. The CPU still does that but the weird thing is only in emulation, as I tried Dolphin as well to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the same results happened like PCSX2.

(06-05-2011, 12:53 AM)Bositman Wrote: My guess is unstable oc (yes even if prime passes). I had the exact same thing happen to me and in the end i had to pump the processor's vcore some to get it working properly.

That might be the problem I'll look into that that..

(06-05-2011, 02:51 AM)HelloMrBrahms Wrote: if your cpu is underclocking to prevent high temps, then perhaps you are overclocking too much, especially if you have stock hsf.

its not a stock heatsink, as I mentioned before it has a Tuniq Tower 120 installed.

Maybe this is just a stupid idea or you already did this: I've got Asus M4A77TD mother board with Athlon II X4 640 (OC'd to 3.6 GHz). Recently I had messed up with the BIOS so much I had to remove the battery and set everything back from default settings again.
I was sure that my CPU was 3.6 GHz again (the BIOS told me) but in Windows the "All CPU" widget showed the first core underclocking itself as low as to 1 GHz (the rest was, indeed, 3.6 GHz solid).
I think the only thing in BIOS I forgot to set was the UNLEASHING MODE (since you have ASUS with AM3 too, you could have the same option available). I also have the number of cores set manually.

It's a long shot but it's the first thing that came on my mind when I saw this thread.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3.7 GHz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB DDR5 @ 800/1000 MHz
RAM 2x2 GB DDR 3 Dual channel
As I bought new parts lately (mainboard, cpu, ram), my board overclocked himself, I really did nothing and it was overclocked. But I noticed this just after some days. I had to manually deactivate some BIOS settings. My mainboard, cpu and ram are meant for each other, all are is made for OC (the mb even has a physical realtime OC button on it ^^), but I don't want to OC right now. What I want to say, play with the default settings. ^^ I convert HD movies in the background, downloading stuff and so on and PCSX2 still runs at 50/60 FPS with the games it should.
My Specs @ PCSX2 1.3.1-20150827 (Git):
Mainboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula | CPU+Cooler: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 3,72 Ghz (Auto-OCed by ROG) + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B (+ 2x Enermax Everest)
LED Monitor: Overlord Tempest X270OC | GFX: Palit Geforce GTX 670 JetStream | Ram: @ CL9 DDR3-1333: GSkill Flare 2x2GB + 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance