PCSX2 runs slow on my computer?
I don't know if this is possible, but you could possibly "fake" your way to 2.5 GHz and stay there. Whoever knows a way... may likely post it here...
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do

Sponsored links

What the *bleep* are you talking about?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-30-2015, 05:18 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: I don't know if this is possible, but you could possibly "fake" your way to 2.5 GHz and stay there. Whoever knows a way... may likely post it here...

What..? As far as I know you're either running at that speed or you're not, "faking it" wouldn't do anything to begin with

Quote:I tried pressing those keys while booting, but it just boots too fast and nothing will happen.

In the experiences with my BIOS, pressing it will not do; one has to repeatedly hit the key in question until you get in Tongue
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.0 GHz | MSI GTX 970 4GB GAMING (+142 core/+150 mem) | 8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | Windows 8.1 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 14.10 + Debian x64 (VMs)
He already entered the bios but hasn't found the setting. If speedstep explains his problem is still unresolved.
(03-30-2015, 05:02 PM)willkuer Wrote: Can you please tell us the FPS/EE/GS/VU readigns using:

1. these settings
1a. during a slowdown
1b. during normal fluent in-game gameplay (no menu no cutscene)

2. After pressing F9 in-game
2a. as above
2b. as above

3. Using these settings but disabling MTVU (no VU indicator any more)
3a. as above
3b. as above

4. Using these settings but disabling MTVU (no VU indicator any more) pressing F9 in-game
4a. as above
4b. as above

1. Check attachments 1 and 2, more are yet to come.
I think it is also worth mentioning that the slowdowns usually happen after a transition or at the beginning/end of a cutscene.

EDIT:
2. Attachments 3 and 4, going to try the others now.
The game majorly slows down after pressing F9, even when standing still.

EDIT 2:
3. Attachments 5 and 6.
The game sometimes slows down, but most of the time runs smoothly.
The slowdown occurred at the beginning of a cutscene. Should I try to also capture one in-game?

EDIT 3:
4. Attachments 7 and 8.
Games runs much more slowly, both video and audio.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What kind of hard disk do you use to save your iso's? Is it old?
(03-30-2015, 06:41 PM)willkuer Wrote: What kind of hard disk do you use to save your iso's? Is it old?

I am not using a hard disk, I'm using a physical copy of the original game.
Then try to create an iso using imgburn and load the iso. DVD reads are slow in comparison to HDD reads. This can be the bottleneck you are locking for.
(03-30-2015, 06:44 PM)willkuer Wrote: Then try to create an iso using imgburn and load the iso. DVD reads are slow in comparison to HDD reads. This can be the bottleneck you are locking for.

All right, I'll try that after posting all of the screencaptures.
(03-30-2015, 06:39 PM)DarkPhoenix9 Wrote: Should I try to also capture one in-game?

If this is representative for your problem it is sufficient. If you feel that this slowdown is not the disturbing one for you better to screenshot the other as well. But I think we can focus on that later.