PCSX2 settings
(12-03-2013, 10:17 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Maybe, but :
different games have different requirements.
I suppose you didnt have to run these games in hardware mode.
Unless you upscale a lot, pcsx2 relies more on a powerful cpu than a powerful gpu.
yeah true but the funny thing is that all the other games work with hardware mode and my nephew has much lower end pc and he was able to play colin 05 without any problems his cpu is core2quad 8300 and 9800GT 1GB graphic card which makes me wonder if it could be my disc or my drive that could be problem not sure though :/

Sponsored links

(12-03-2013, 10:33 PM)Desperado126 Wrote: yeah true but the funny thing is that all the other games work with hardware mode and my nephew has much lower end pc and he was able to play colin 05 without any problems his cpu is core2quad 8300 and 9800GT 1GB graphic card which makes me wonder if it could be my disc or my drive that could be problem not sure though :/

Your nephew's specs arent lower. That´s probably why he got better results.
But no, this kind of problem cant come from your disc.

Better ask for your nephew´s machine or keep playing this game on your ps2 for now.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-03-2013, 10:46 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Your nephew's specs arent lower. That´s probably why he got better results.
But no, this kind of problem cant come from your disc.

Better ask for your nephew´s machine or keep playing this game on your ps2 for now.

Yes they are, that c2quad score 400 points lower for single threaded performance in passmark. The OP also has an 7850.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-03-2013, 11:01 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yes they are, that c2quad score 400 points lower for single threaded performance in passmark. The OP also has an 7850.

AMD vs Intel and we all know Intel win's per core performance by long shot compared to AMD, That AMD performance worse for pcsx2 when compared to intel.

You also can not compare made for PC programs to emulation. doing so will get you laughed at
Do you have the same bugs as mentioned in the compatibility list for HW-mode? Have you used the same settings (skipdraw/cycle stealing)?

What are your FPS in SW-Mode?
(12-04-2013, 12:58 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: AMD vs Intel and we all know Intel win's per core performance by long shot compared to AMD, That AMD performance worse for pcsx2 when compared to intel.

You also can not compare made for PC programs to emulation. doing so will get you laughed at

When did I ever compare native pc application to hardware emulation. That FX 8350 has more raw computing power than a core 2 quad. You then go on to say that Intel CPU's a have a better per clock performance. That statement is true but we are comparing an outdated intel architecture to a new amd architecture. The FX 8350 is faster in all regards.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]