PCSX2 setup with Radeon Switchable graphics
Hi all, new to the forums and just wanted to touch base on an issue I couldn't find specifically for my problem.

Here's my specs below:

MSI G Series laptop
Windows 8.1 64x
AMD10 4x core 2.5Ghz
8 GB ram
Switchable graphics: Radeon HD 8650G and Radeon HD8970M

I've set up all setting and hacks within PCSX2 based on what the general consensus is but here's my issue...notice I bolded the above.

I'm not sure what to set the GPU setting to the first Radeon Card and I have the PCSX2 application set to high performance...but I feel like it definitely isnt running as strong as it could be (i get 60FPS on all top level games)

It can dip down to like 40 something at times during cutscenes in RPG games and stuff...I'm wondering is there a way to make sure and know that it will run the emulator and associated game on the better Radeon card?

If there is another thread on this exact issue please link me Smile

Thank you and glad to be here!

Sponsored links

In gsdx plugin configuration you have an adapter selection. Select there the proper card.
it only allows you to select the base card, not the higher end one. so i have the 8650G selected and set it up on catalyst to switch to 8970M when using the emulator.

But performance doesn't seem to increase as it should.

also to add, I'm using the GSDx AVX plug in...should i be switching to sse3 or ss41?
Have you used the other card before? Are you sure that drivers are installed? I would guess it should be selectable.

Why do you do this btw? Power saving?
(05-27-2014, 12:04 AM)willkuer Wrote: Have you used the other card before? Are you sure that drivers are installed? I would guess it should be selectable.

Why do you do this btw? Power saving?

Yep, it works fine on all game applications. All drivers updated as of last week.

The switchable feature is pretty much built in for all radeon systems now with single cards...

No application lets you select the high end card, only the regular card and then thru catalyst you have to tell the computer to switch to the high end one for that named application.

it is for power saving purposes you're correct
Maybe you can check the load with gpu-z? By this you would see which card is working.
Thanks I'll try that....

Still experiencing some odd framerates...maybe it is the best I'm going to get. Hell I get even worse framerates using Dolphin for Gamecube -_-.

I don't get it lol.
the explanation for those low framerates would be your CPU bottlenecking your GPU.
2.5 Ghz may not be enough.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks all.