PCSX2 severely lags due to fog,mist, explosions
(03-27-2019, 01:40 PM)KERAN G Wrote: I switched to software mode but I am wondering if I could increase the graphics to 720p

There is no upscaling in software. Not only would it murder your CPU, it would ruin the improved accuracy that SW has over HW.

Sponsored links

Software mode isn't a good idea to use. It seriously degrades your CPU and reduces its lifetime. Also, you won't get stable speed with it. If you could, try getting a better GPU.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(03-27-2019, 05:54 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: Software mode isn't a good idea to use. It seriously degrades your CPU and reduces its lifetime. Also, you won't get stable speed with it.

Blink what ???? Blink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
At least if the CPU doesn't have a good multi-thread performance. Of course, I was talking about games that's are very demanding. But what happened to me is that I have a desktop with specs similar to yours and I was playing Gran Turismo (both 3 and 4) and also ATV Offroad Fury 2. I get pretty good speed in most of the games, but when it comes to graphically intense areas like night races, I get horrendous frames and this was for Gran Turismo. For ATV Offroad Fury, I never managed to get at least 45 fps. At one point, my desktop itself started to feel really slow to me. The CPU was pretty old though (i5-3330).
PC Specs:
(03-27-2019, 05:54 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: It seriously degrades your CPU and reduces its lifetime.

That would mean that every time you try to convert a video or archive something or basically do anything cpu intensive(including pc games)you are killing your cpu.
There are PS2 games that are cpu intensive even in HW mode so you are killing your cpu too by playing them.

Look at what unstable speed I have(considering I am limiting my cpu clock to 2.5ghz rather than 3.2\3.5)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That is also true, but I had Turbo Boost enabled. From your CPU, it can go up to 3.5 GHz, but you had it off and can go up to 2.6 GHz. For my CPU, its base clock speed is 3.0 GHz, and with Turbo Boost, can go up to 3.2 GHz, and I don't have overclocking abilities. It's true I manage archives constantly, move files around, play games including PCSX2 and reinstalling or upgrading Windows often and those activities also slowed down my desktop. This desktop was meant for simple usage or at most, certain games that don't require as much resource and I was using the emulator for very demanding games.
PC Specs:
(03-27-2019, 06:50 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: That is also true, but I had Turbo Boost enabled. From your CPU, it can go all the way to 3.9 GHz, but you had it off and you were capping to 2.6 GHz. For my CPU, its base clock speed is 3.0 GHz, and with Turbo Boost, can go up to 3.2 GHz. It's true I manage archives constantly, move files around, play games including PCSX2 and reinstalling or upgrading Windows often and those activities also slowed down my desktop.

those activities you describe are more RAM demanding.
but seriously, "dergade cpu and reduce its lifetime" ???Blink.

come on...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm missing one key info: I also used my desktop for like seven to ten hours straight daily and especially in weekends and in most of my days until I got my gaming laptop, I've played Gran Turismo 4 and Tourist Trophy the most in those hours daily and I'm talking about for two years at least.
PC Specs:
(03-27-2019, 07:45 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: I'm missing one key info: I also used my desktop for like seven to ten hours straight daily and especially in weekends and in most of my days until I got my gaming laptop, I've played Gran Turismo 4 and Tourist Trophy the most in those hours daily and I'm talking about for two years at least.

OK? I still don't know where you're getting the theory of "hardware degradation" from. It simply isn't true...
Unless you are putting more power or heat then the CPU can handle and have removed the safeguards, you shouldn't degrade a CPU. Modern CPUs can handle some pretty high heat for extended periods of time, but consult the manufacturer specs if you want to know the thermal limits for your specific chip.