PCSX2 slow in some games.
Hello.

i have problem with pcx2. in some games... i actually a lot of games doesn't work

i do not know why it's just slow 60-70% and the funny thing when i tried another emulator it worked fine ...

more than fine ! it worked very well and i can put the resolutions on 1080 p with 60 fps and 100% speed

but the problem  with that emulator is it doesn't work for PS2 games only for some games

and that's why pcsx2 is the best but i do not know why it just doesn't work with me

i tried sly cooper 3 and it didn't work

and one piece grand advanture , god of war

and i RE 4  with 90% speed...

the only game that worked fine was dragon ball BD 3 (if i wasn't wrong with the name)

i used 1.4

processor : AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
speed : 1.8 GHz

Ram : 8G

Video card : AMD Radeon R6 Graphics

Video card 2# : AMD Radeon ™ R7 M360

and i used to play with my cousin on his laptop back 3 years ago and it's really  slow pc and  i  do not remember having problem . i mean c'mon i can run

some good games. like GTA V with no problem but PS2 games doesn't work why?

Sponsored links

Your computer is way too slow to play those games(atleast on 1080p 60fps).
your CPu's STR is 1219 where we do recommend at least 1600..
Plus, you tried games that require near 2000

not much you can do apart from getting a better CPU...

Since you seem to be an absolute beginner in terms of emulation, just a few clarifications :
Quote:i do not know why it's just slow 60-70% and the funny thing when i tried another emulator it worked fine ...
different original hardware->different emulators->different requirements
thus, this is an irrelevant comparison

Quote:i mean c'mon i can run
some good games. like GTA V with no problem but PS2 games doesn't work why?
because you run GTA V, but you emulate ps2 games.
means you need to emulate the original hardware (using an emulator), then run the game through it. Which is MUCH more demanding than any recent PC game
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeap, just as jesalvein said. I have a powerful high-end PC which can run any game you throw at it easily. I can run Doom with ultra settings @ 140fps no problem. I have a str performance of 2157. But when it comes to PS2 emulation, I'm just barely meeting the requirements on some games. Did you know that one of the most (if not most) demanding games for MAME to emulate is the original 1976 arcade game Breakout? And it's a simple black and white, barely any graphics game.
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(12-16-2016, 09:42 AM)jesalvein Wrote: your CPu's STR is 1219 where we do recommend at least 1600..
Plus, you tried games that require near 2000

not much you can do apart from getting a better CPU...

Since you seem to be an absolute beginner in terms of emulation, just a few clarifications :
different original hardware->different emulators->different requirements
thus, this is an irrelevant comparison

because you run GTA V, but you emulate ps2 games.
means you need to emulate the original hardware (using an emulator), then run the game through it. Which is MUCH more demanding than any recent PC game

thank you for making it clear for me.
I guess I will stick with other emulate....
normaly if I cant play games it's because the CPU. meh I cant do anything I guess.. it's laptop
thank you again for helping me
(12-16-2016, 08:10 AM)Mamm0th Wrote: Your computer is way too slow to play those games(atleast on 1080p 60fps).

I do not know...
I used "CPU clock override"
when I used it it worked lel on that emulate