PCSX2 source code development switches to Git
It can be done as PPSSPP has been doing it. But I don't know how to do it.

Sponsored links

the Orphis buildbot would have to run the git command with the "getversion" switch (whatever the real code is) however if somebody then tells us "X game broke in v1.3.23823" we have no way of tying that back to the GIT hash, so we can't tell when it broke.

So for GIT builds, completely pointless in using a version number, it's actually a bigger problem for us than a help.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I see. Anyway, when I reported issues of PPSSPP, I referred to version numbers (I believe everybody did). And the developers seemed to have no problems with that.
Where to download lates builds from now on? Are you going ro put them again here http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html or somewhere from this new site? And if it is form it, where is the download button?
Right now it's not working right.
There's not much new to see anyway as we've just released.
So for the time being we gona be going by dates of the build to track down where things go wrong?
Why not use the git hash and manually add a classic decimal version number to every commit in the stable branch. This works very well with Dolphin.

Using the Git hash only will heavily confuse advanced users and testers.
this is almost done. Instead of a version number there is a date included.
I think the date is a pretty good indicator. In the builds that I put up in the interim of the build bot being down, I have been using the date. Maybe add in a counter too, so like PCSX2 1.3.0 17, May, 2014, Build 4

That way it would be unambiguous. It's the 4th build of May 17, 2014.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Version numbers are much better. If you can add a counter, I suggest you add a version number instead and remove the date.