PCSX2 source for MAC Yosemite ?
(05-18-2015, 08:44 PM)azoreseuropa Wrote: Then why don't PSCX team compiled MAC user like they did for Windows user ?

Because no one was interested in making a Mac port.
Only Zedr0n came once and offered to do so.
Pcsx2 devs kindly dedicated him a subforum, but AFAIK, no one else tried to bring him help in supporting the Mac port...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(05-18-2015, 09:13 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Because no one was interested in making a Mac port.
Only Zedr0n came once and offered to do so.
Pcsx2 devs kindly dedicated him a subforum, but AFAIK, no one else tried to bring him help in supporting the Mac port...

That's sad. Ok. Huh
Not to mention I don't think any of the devs use Mac.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
You could try wrapping a newer version of PCSX2 (1.2.1) for pc like I did, but you have add some other stuff like this

[Download XQuartz
Install the PCSX2 bios (drag it onto the "Drop PS2 bios files here" shortcut")
Code:
winetricks msxml3 d3dx9_36 vcrun2010
Install Nvidia Cg Toolkit into the bundle
Double-click PCSX2-CE.app]
These instructions are from ConsoleEmu's thread. He has a mac wineskin for 1.0.0:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Testers-W...-OS-X-v1-0
(07-17-2015, 08:50 AM)maximuse Wrote: You could try wrapping a newer version of PCSX2 (1.2.1) for pc like I did, but you have add some other stuff like this

[Download XQuartz
Install the PCSX2 bios (drag it onto the "Drop PS2 bios files here" shortcut")
Code:
winetricks msxml3 d3dx9_36 vcrun2010
Install Nvidia Cg Toolkit into the bundle
Double-click PCSX2-CE.app]
These instructions are from ConsoleEmu's thread. He has a mac wineskin for 1.0.0:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Testers-W...-OS-X-v1-0

I have an experience for wineskin for one like ePSXe and Project64 and I do not have a problem with that. However, I seems to have a problem with this one. When I run the game and it just shut down. I do not understand. You did have the latest PCSX2 version for wineskin? Can you tell me the correct tutorial ? I tried vcrun2010 but I was told that the latest version run only vcrun2013 and its not on the list in Wineskin at all. CONFUSION.

EDIT: I found someone that had wineskin with PCSX2 1.0.0 and works great but I want to use the latest version. I replace it inside the wineskin and PCSX2 won't run. What a bummer. What did I do wrong with the latest version that I tried to follow for the wineskin ? As I said before I was told the latest version used vcrun2013 but wineskin doesn't have vcrun2013.

We are on Yosemite and our laptops was released at mid October 2014 that we purchased.
For my macbook (late 2011 pro on yosemite) I just installed vcrun2010. You don't require vcrun2013. I felt that replacing PCSX2 inside the wrapper felt a little messy, so just download Winery and wrap the newest version, 1.2.1, yourself. Then you can use winetricks to install the need components (as well as nvidia cg toolkit if needed) and (if required) make wineskin use mac driver instead of x11. As for running the game, try experimenting with different GS plugins. Some of the plugins didn't work for me. Just make sure you configure the GS plugin to use DirectX instead of opengl. If you used winetricks to install d3dx9_36 then directx should work okay.
(07-20-2015, 08:06 AM)maximuse Wrote: For my macbook (late 2011 pro on yosemite) I just installed vcrun2010. You don't require vcrun2013. I felt that replacing PCSX2 inside the wrapper felt a little messy, so just download Winery and wrap the newest version, 1.2.1, yourself. Then you can use winetricks to install the need components (as well as nvidia cg toolkit if needed) and (if required) make wineskin use mac driver instead of x11. As for running the game, try experimenting with different GS plugins. Some of the plugins didn't work for me. Just make sure you configure the GS plugin to use DirectX instead of opengl. If you used winetricks to install d3dx9_36 then directx should work okay.

Wait a minute.. how do I use mac driver instead of x11 ? And you just installed vcrun2010 through the winetricks right? My Mac doesn't have nvidia but is it require for nvidia cg toolkit ? Curiosity.
(07-20-2015, 02:44 PM)azoreseuropa Wrote: Wait a minute.. how do I use mac driver instead of x11 ? And you just installed vcrun2010 through the winetricks right? My Mac doesn't have nvidia but is it require for nvidia cg toolkit ? Curiosity.

To use mac driver instead of x11 for wineskin you have to configure screen settings. You know when you right click on the pcsx2 app, and view package contents? There are a few folders and then another app called wineskin. Open the app and you should see configure screen settings (or something similar).
As for nvidia cg toolkit, as far as I know, it isn't required for some of the gs plugins, but I installed it just in case. Download the toolkit (for windows) and install it with the same wineskin app.