PCSX2 sstates 'VRAM' texture viewer?
There is a lot of tools, that allow to view vram of PSX emulators unpacked save states like ePSXe/pSX and "PsxVram-SDL-master/PPV" and others.
Is there something like that for PCSX2 save states? Textures needed only for my own personal use ofcourse. I have noticed we can unzip pcsx2 sstates files with 7-zip and get this (attached). Textures in Plugin GS.dat or in eeMemory.bin or in others files? Can we use some TIM2 texture hex scanners to rip them from pcsx2 sstates files?

I also know about real-time textures/models ripping like "TexMod" and another DirecX rippers like "3D Ripper DX" and others. But all of them have a several issues with some games. For example Killzone 1, some in-game textures you just can't get in correct source resolution. There is only two ways for this: resource hacking (sometimes extremely hard) and save state unpacking if it possible, any help with it? Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Nobody? I don't believe if there is no tools for this method, it's so obvious and simple in theory (i thought something like that already someone has done for 0.9.6 pcsx2)... I mean concept about "why we need to hack game archive, if we can rip textures from vram of save state fast and easy".
learn to program. you can hijack every texture transfer and drawcall in gsdx and dump the data. or if you got the save data you just gotta search. most textures have a palette and the bit array. most 8 bit palettes you can extract from raw 32bit colorspace. the textures perhaps need some unswizzling and you have it.
(04-07-2014, 04:06 AM)dabore Wrote: or if you got the save data you just gotta search. most textures have a palette and the bit array. most 8 bit palettes you can extract from raw 32bit colorspace. the textures perhaps need some unswizzling and you have it.
Thanks for reply! i'm pretty familiar with unswizzling process of 4 and 8 bit images of tim and tim2 formats (mostly in tim2). It can be semi-easily done with "Console Texture Explorer" by Dageron with custom parameters. But what kind of file do i need to search and where, in "Plugin GS.dat" or in "eeMemory.bin" or in others files too? I'm also can use "Jaeder Naub v2.1.4g" for scanning any tim/tim2 files possibly without header inside - got no luck with it and unpacked pcsx2 sstate, i mean i have got something, but... look on attachments (i was searching in all of unpacked sstate files)

And about 32bit, it's pretty confusing for me, because i'm used to work only with 8 and 4 bit images and palettes in HEX, 32 is too complex for me. Or you wanted to say that pcsx2 will "upgrade" every game texture from 4-8bit to 32bit in their sstate files?

nice jpg. what is that? gs.dat in raw? totally f*cked up to compress to jpg. i found a glimpse of a font texture tho. Wink

if you want files you gotta search ee memory with a hex editor. tim2 is a good start but it's not the only format that is used. it can be anything. even another header. custom made by every developer. the gs.dat is a raw binary image. there's usually the framebuffer in it and the textures are scrambled in it. you can search for visible boundaries or search by multiples of power of two (32, 64, 128, 256, 320, 640). or common sizes. all that. also all possible colorformat the ps2 can handle. if you open it in 32 bit colordepth you could possibly see palettes. they're usually 256 pixels long. in hex they are usually 1024 bytes and have an common alpha of 0x80. the framebuffer could be fragmented and visible in 16 bit(5:6:5) or 24 bit colordepth. tho if your unlucky you won't find anything. some textures a generated by programs. they sample and create the palette algorithmic. that is totally random. so they are hard to track.

that's about it what i can tell.

(04-07-2014, 05:19 AM)SILENT_Pavel Wrote: Thanks for reply! i'm pretty familiar with unswizzling process of 4 and 8 bit images of tim and tim2 formats (mostly in tim2). It can be semi-easily done with "Console Texture Explorer" by Dageron with custom parameters. But what kind of file do i need to search and where, in "Plugin GS.dat" or in "eeMemory.bin" or in others files too? I'm also can use "Jaeder Naub v2.1.4g" for scanning any tim/tim2 files possibly without header inside - got no luck with it and unpacked pcsx2 sstate, i mean i have got something, but... look on attachments (i was searching in all of unpacked sstate files)

And about 32bit, it's pretty confusing for me, because i'm used to work only with 8 and 4 bit images and palettes in HEX, 32 is too complex for me. Or you wanted to say that pcsx2 will "upgrade" every game texture from 4-8bit to 32bit in their sstate files?

Actually wrote psxvram and was just wondering for curiosity sake how easy it would be to adapt to PCSX2 saves. The data is probably in the plugin GS.dat file as the quick scanning made it look like there's something but ist definitely different to the psx. Perhaps theres and endian difference. the psx had a nice gpu.txt file that gave details on how textures were stored but I can't find such a document for the PS2. Any pointers to documentation would be appreciated.