PCSX2 stopped recognizing a working gamepad.
Rainbow 
Good day, I got an EasySMX wired controller a week ago, a 360-shaped controller for PS2/3 and Xbox games. I have been looking for retaking some of my older games like Ace Combat 5 and company with the emulator and after setting everything up, it has been a smooth ride. Now I'm experiencing a problem I seem to be unable to fix, and Google isn't giving me the solution either.

For some reason my controller no longer works with PCSX2. I can't tell if the emulator recognizes it, but looks like there are no inputs in-game. I have been playing until yesterday to AC5: Unsung war (in fact completed the game) and today is no longer working for some reason. This is what changed since yesterday in my computer:
  • Installed NFS:MW Black Edition (PC original version)
  • Windows 10 update.
Other than that, nothing else changed. NFS:MW-BE recognizes my controller just fine, I can play normally and without a single problem, everything very responsive. At the same time, I can't get PSCX2 to recognize or make the controller work, although it was doing it last night. I can't tell if it's a configuration problem caused by Windows or the emulator.

The PCSX2 settings. I'm using Windows 10:
- Done testing disabling and enabling Xinput, Dinput and such in the emulator with Lilypad. Same problem; no changes. 
- Changed USB ports; nothing.
- Uninstalled and installed Windows Xbox gamepad drivers; nothing.
- Same thing with PCSX2. Same result.
- Cleared all settings and put everything together up again. Once more, nothing.

I have no performance nor visual problems, everything is still smooth. Running on a I5-6600K with a Nvidia 1060.

Want to clarify again: the controller works in NFS:MW (PC version) with no problems and I completed AC5:Unsung war with the emulator just yesterday, and not in one day neither one go. Since I installed NFS:MW and Windows installed the update, the controller stopped working with PCSX2; I'm not saying that's the problem although it could be, I'm setting the timeline.

Please, I would greatly appreciate a hand on this. If you need more info just tell me.

Sponsored links

Update: Problem solved.

For some reason I decided to go to the Device manager and uninstall the "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows". Unplugged the Gamepad, plugged it again and let Windows reinstall the whole thing by itself.

Joke: It's working now again.

Reason: Because f*ck Windows.

I'm sorry for the hassle. I hope this helps someone with the same problem in the future.
You will probably encounter the problem again at some point if you unplug\plug the gamepad.
I have the same problem and it's not that pcsx2 don't recognize it but it's because for whatever reason,windows decides to set the gamepad to some other 3(out of 4)XInput slots and since pcsx2 set the configuration based on which slot is used during the configuration,the controls may stop working.

PPSSPP also have the same problem and probably any other emulator and pc game that set the configuration this way.
On most of the pc games if that happens,they just switch to the slot the gamepad is currently using.

In pcsx2 if you want to avoid that problem,you have to do one of those two things:
1.The problem can appear up to 4 times and you have to set your controls each time and after that the problem will not appear again
2.Use Dinput but you will not have the vibration feature(if you actually need it)

...or do what you did to solve the problem

PS.From LilyPad you can use the diagnostic to check which gamepad slot is currenly used(the not working\active ones will have ? instead 0 when you double click on one of the XInputs)
Quote:it's because for whatever reason,windows decides to set the gamepad to some other 3(out of 4)XInput slots and since pcsx2 set the configuration based on which slot is used during the configuration,the controls may stop working.

PPSSPP also have the same problem and probably any other emulator and pc game that set the configuration this way.
On most of the pc games if that happens,they just switch to the slot the gamepad is currently using.

Thank you for telling me why it happens. I'm not fully interested on using Lily because the joysticks feel more fluid and precise with Pokopom but knowing why makes me want to start looking for a permanent fix or making one. I'll see what I can do.

And again, thanks.
Cheers, to Google for finding the post, and to both of ya for the assistance. Just wanted to leave my thanks, I just had this issue this evening out of nowhere when I plugged it back in to switch from PS4 usage to PCSX2 usage, couldn't figure it out for the life of me because nothing like this happened before, and I hadn't even changed anything. Uninstalled the USB composite device (found it through a picture of the device manager loadout and an unplug-replug), had to reboot per PC, and once I was back up and running I re-plugged it, it installed the driver and it's working like it never stopped.

Why has this not happened in the last 4 years for any of the other dozens of times the controller has been unplugged for console usage? No idea. Why did it happen this time? No idea. Will it happen again? No idea.

Technology. Jazz hands
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.