PCSX2 stops responding (Windows 7)
I'm fairly new to PS2 emulators so I really do not know much about it but I wanted to play Kingdom Hearts 1, it was fine until 30 minutes in when it stopped responding. I opened it up again and 30 minutes passed again and it stopped responding!

What can I do to fix it? I have gone through the configuration guide and it still isn't working Sad

Sponsored links

All that can be done is to guess, let's start... maybe is a laptop and is getting too hot?

To avoid guesses and giving us ground to positive diagnostic you should tell us what the machine is.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-13-2013, 01:36 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: All that can be done is to guess, let's start... maybe is a laptop and is getting too hot?

To avoid guesses and giving us ground to positive diagnostic you should tell us what the machine is.

Im using a desktop computer, I have been playing KH for about 1 hour now and it seems to be fine, I just have massive FPS issues on some of the scenes
(03-13-2013, 01:41 PM)cetta Wrote: Im using a desktop computer, I have been playing KH for about 1 hour now and it seems to be fine, I just have massive FPS issues on some of the scenes

That is not uncommon, the actual demand depends not only on the game as in parts of it also.

Since we got no light about what is the machine let's continue the guess game.

Did you try speedhacks?
Imagination is where we are truly real
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-13-2013, 12:27 PM)cetta Wrote: I'm fairly new to PS2 emulators so I really do not know much about it but I wanted to play Kingdom Hearts 1, it was fine until 30 minutes in when it stopped responding. I opened it up again and 30 minutes passed again and it stopped responding!

What can I do to fix it? I have gone through the configuration guide and it still isn't working Sad

On the home page there is a video tutorial well explained, from the PCSX2 team, and are the official requirements.
When you say "'it' stopped responding," you mean Windows 7 stopped responding? Or is it PCSX2?

[reply edited]
Intel Core i5 2500k 3.4 > 4.5 GHz 1.26v Biggrin
Thermaltake SpinQ VT
Nvidia GTX 560 (OC 950/1200), 1GB GDDR5, (MSI N560GTX).
Biostar TP67XE
8 GB Zepplin RAM, @1600. 11-11-11-30 Glare
FSP Saga II 500W
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1