PCSX2 stuck in native resolution. How can I fix it?
1st-time PCSX2 user, here.

Everything seems to run fine, but no matter which options I choose, it always runs the game in its native resolution.

I've tried using the 2x or 3x Native Resolution setting, choosing a custom resolution, etc. Nothing works.

I'm trying to run Dragon Quest V in a high resolution, but I just keep getting 512x444. Ideally, I'd like to keep the ratio, but run it as high as possible on my 1920x1080-set display.

What do I need to change to make this happen?

Sponsored links

GSdx displays there the native resolution of the game, not the resolution you have set it. So you are indeed running the game at the chosen resolution.
If you are ingame (and not at a video) you will see the vast difference if you select native as opposed to 2x or 3x native, you can change it while running it to see for yourself.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I am not in a video.

The native resolution of the game is 512x444.

I want to run it 2x or 3x bigger than this.

No matter what settings I choose, the game is *still* running at 512x444.

How can I fix this?
I already told you *it is not* still running at 512x444, regardless if it displays that in the title bar.
Please post screenshots of the game window when:
- Native resolution is selected.
- x3 resolution is selected.
In an effort to fix this myself, I updated to the latest PCSX2 & GSdx builds and I still have that problem.

No matter which settings are used, my game (Dragon Quest V) is stuck in 512x444. But I would like to play it at a higher resolution.

Any suggestions?
Are you reading our replies or do you just keep posting in the thread ignoring everyone? Tongue
With custom resolution ; http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/S...custom.jpg

With Native 2x ; http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/S...native.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else to troubleshoot this.
Well that's obvious. Custom is set to 1024x888 and 2x is 2*(512x444)=1024x888 so duh they are identical Tongue Try clicking 'native' then using 2x and see the difference.
(11-10-2011, 10:02 PM)Bositman Wrote: I already told you *it is not* still running at 512x444, regardless if it displays that in the title bar.
I didn't see this message before posting the other one.

Your explanation in your first reply was vague at best, sorry.

Having said that, I see that I can press the full-screen button at the top-right corner of the playing screen to make it bigger.

Prior to that, I thought that PCSX2 would behave like any other emulator would, which is to say that it would automatically resize the window to the chosen resolution, but it doesn't do this.

I'll contrast & compare the textures at the different settings and report back.