PCSX2 suddenly lagging
All of a sudden PCSX2, and other emulators like dolphin, began lagging on my gaming laptop. When I play modern pc games, they work fine. I tried playing Sonic Heroes in PCSX2 which was working fine the other week. When I resumed my save state I noticed fps drops in the 40s and 30s. When i reset and went to title screen it lagged too. When the window is in small mode it works fine at full speed. But when I double click to do full screen it slows down. I installed PCSX2 0.97 beta and it is working properly on full screen at full speed. But how can I fix the current build and/or my other emulators? When I flipped over my laptop i seen quite a bit of dust in the fans and got off what i could with a sock. But it hasnt shut down from overheating or anything else like that, and the modern games are running fine. Any help would be great. I know it's a complicated process. I know you probably want screenshots and log reports. I just don't understand why it went from working to running like crap seemingly overnight. I am on a Dell G7 7500 with Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Max-Q.

Sponsored links

did you set windows powerplan to perfomance mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yes i did. I should mention the 0.97 is running on the GSnull driver getting full speed. The 1.6 is running on one of the other GSDX drivers. Again nothing was changed since it was running smoothly. I tried to import the GS null driver into 1.6 and get some kind of unable to create log error and games wont boot.
is your laptop plugged on ?
Yes it's plugged in as well
could be something in nvidia parameters, then.
did you disable whisper mode ?
haven't checked that. right now i've been in the process of reinstalling nvidia drivers. and no i didn't make any changes in them prior.
re-installing drivers didnt fix issue