PCSX2 suddenly started to go slow.
Hi guys,

I have been using PCSX2 for a while with different games (Kingdom hearts, star ocean 3, FFX, and now, FFXII). I never had a problem with my computer capacity to afford the games (in most cases I even work at high resolution).

I was playing FFXII smoothly during the last weeks (40 hours more or less), and yesterday the pcsx2 started to fail in emulation. The game get very slow at some parts (specifically when I approach to enemies and NPCs) although no changes were made in the graphics/plugins configuration.

I searched for solutions in different websites but I didn´t find anything useful for me. Now FFXII and other games do not work properly even in low-demanding resources configuration and the game keeps lagging because the EE usage are continuosly prowling 100%.

Just can´t understand why pcxs2 started to work so bad in my computer, if it was managing it perfectly until now.

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

The characteristics of my PC are:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2x2.40 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- System: 64bits
- Graphics: 2x(Nvidia GeForce GT 740M)

Sponsored links

Change in power plan?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-28-2015, 12:23 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Change in power plan?

Was exactly that. I didn´t thought about it at all.

I configured a personalized power plan with high efficiency and now the game is running perfect and consuming only 30-35% of the EE%.

Thank you a LOT! Smile