PCSX2 to play 2D fighting games
I'm running Windows 7 x64, Pentium Dual Core 2.60GHz, 6GB Ram, Intel integrated graphics card.

I can play every fighting game on GGPO (Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Marvel VS. Capcom, King of Fighters 2002, etc).

If anyone here thinks I'll be able to run things like Capcom VS SNK 2, Sengoku Basara X, King of Fighters 2002 UM and perhaps more, do you think you could help me configure my emulator? I don't know much about computers and every single time I attempt setting this up, I just end up wasting time and getting frustrated.

I appreciate any and all help.

Sponsored links

Those 2D fighting games can be quite hard on a pc when emulating. Not sure how far you'll get without a dedicated graphics card. Just keep the default setting in the GSdx plugin. switch on all recommended speed hacks and hope for the best Smile
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
Hmm, really?

KOF2002 runs perfect on here and KOF 2002 UM is just more characters/stages/balance changes. I don't think they'll be any different at all, honestly. Unless it's the emulator itself...
I haven't been able to even test anything because I'm always greeted with error after error.
(03-31-2013, 04:00 AM)cyberfrasier Wrote: Hmm, really?

KOF2002 runs perfect on here and KOF 2002 UM is just more characters/stages/balance changes. I don't think they'll be any different at all, honestly. Unless it's the emulator itself...
I haven't been able to even test anything because I'm always greeted with error after error.

(03-31-2013, 04:00 AM)cyberfrasier Wrote: Hmm, really?

yes u can play those 2D Fighting games fine.u'r cpu is fine,but not graphic card.enable speedhacks-Move eecycle rate & vu cycle steal to 2.tick first two in ee cyclerate tab & in vu cycle steal also first two.in emulation settings set clamping mode to none.in video plugin settings select direct 3d 9 hardware,tick native (never use custom resolution or 2x,3x,4x native).enable hw hacks-first four ticked.if u get any error or something.check game log right to u'r pcsx2,if found any error.create iso image with only imgburn (never use any other tool).update directx through directx web updater.if u have intel graphic card.Go to http://downloadcenter.intel.com & select automatic update utility.it'll show u which things need update.update all.if u have any other integrated card.go to official site & update it from there.u can use any driver updater software also.i recommend u driver reviver,it's best.let me know if it helps.if u need any more help,pm me cheers Smile
Hey, thanks so much for the help. I'm trying all of this now and will report back with any issues.

Again, I really appreciate the help!
(03-31-2013, 09:27 AM)cyberfrasier Wrote: Hey, thanks so much for the help. I'm trying all of this now and will report back with any issues.

Again, I really appreciate the help!

u're always welcome Smile
After making the suggested changes and updating my graphics driver, I attempted to boot the game and was greeted with this error: http://i.imgur.com/xH4XbAU.png

I used default settings before your post and the game ran OK but there was some noticable input lag (very small...but it's a fighting game so it needs to be perfect) and the game was running slow, but not TOO slow (if that makes sense). Seems like it was running at least 20-40% under normal game speed.
pcsx2 can't work with that GPU, it's way too old and unsupported now.
the only way would be to use an old gsdx version, maybe the one that came out with 0.9.8
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'll try that, thanks.
(03-31-2013, 09:39 AM)cyberfrasier Wrote: After making the suggested changes and updating my graphics driver, I attempted to boot the game and was greeted with this error: http://i.imgur.com/xH4XbAU.png

I used default settings before your post and the game ran OK but there was some noticable input lag (very small...but it's a fighting game so it needs to be perfect) and the game was running slow, but not TOO slow (if that makes sense). Seems like it was running at least 20-40% under normal game speed.

ok u're playing with dvd image type,select cd/dvd in menu & change it to iso.make a new iso image with imgburn if u not already do that.also post u'r all game settings.i'm interested in gsdx settings.select direct3d9 hardware & adapter type & select u'r graphic card name.also try to play it with previous versions as jesalvein suggested.with 0.9.6 or 0.9.8,they're more compatible with u'r gpu.i agree it's too old & unsupported now.if u're on desktop.buy a cheap nvidia card with atleast 1gb memory.if u're on laptop then i suggest u to see pcsx2 tweak videos on youtube,lots of helpfull stuff there.search pcsx2 version (which u want to use) & u'r graphic card name.Good Luck!!! Smile