PCSX2 v.1.0.0 crashing on applying settings
(12-01-2013, 04:19 AM)misanthrope_prime Wrote: Okay doing a bit of thinking. My BSOD did have something to do with my controller, which is a sixaxis. I used to use motionjoy but switched to better DS3 when I realized it was spyware, but I got a BSOD using it. Now it seems like my computer is having a hard time with game controllers in general, and that's what's causing PCSX2 to crash.

This problem may be beyond the purview of your help, but for the record, whenever I try to access something related to game controllers on this computer, I get the following error:
"The instruction at "0x7c936822" referenced memory at "0x005c0032". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program."

Are you sure you completely got rid of the motioninjoy crap? That stuff is nasty.

So you get that if, for instance, you go to the normal USB gamepad config?

My guess is motioninjoy farked some stuff up. With your controller plugged in, go to device manager(Start -> run -> "devmgmt.msc") Find your controller in there(should be under "Human Interface Devices")

Right click it and uninstall it. Then unplug it. Reboot your computer and plug it back in. Maybe this will get rid of any remnants of the old driver. I'm pretty sure that's the problem.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

I think I may have seriously ***** something up on this computer. I can't even open "game controllers" from control panel".
(12-01-2013, 04:27 AM)misanthrope_prime Wrote: I think I may have seriously ***** something up on this computer. I can't even open "game controllers" from control panel".

I think this is another case of "motioninjoy" f***ed up my computer. I've read of this happening before. You may end up having to reinstall windows >_<

Spread the word: Motioninjoy sucks!
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-01-2013, 04:32 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I think this is another case of "motioninjoy" f***ed up my computer. I've read of this happening before. You may end up having to reinstall windows >_<

I've used it before and it sucked, thank god for deepfreeze on my school laptop.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-01-2013, 04:34 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I've used it before and it sucked, thank god for deepfreeze on my school laptop.

I had never heard of deepfreeze. I just looked it up, it seems to be an advanced system restore type thingy.
(12-01-2013, 04:32 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I think this is another case of "motioninjoy" f***ed up my computer. I've read of this happening before. You may end up having to reinstall windows >_<

Unfortunately the install cd and product key are long gone.
(12-01-2013, 04:37 AM)misanthrope_prime Wrote: Unfortunately the install cd and product key are long gone.

You mean for Windows?
(12-01-2013, 04:35 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I had never heard of deepfreeze. I just looked it up, it seems to be an advanced system restore type thingy.

Yep and it makes it so I have to update Directx everytime I reboot my laptop.Angry
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-01-2013, 04:38 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You mean for Windows?

Yeah. It was a custom built PC that had the key on a sticker on the side, but the computer is like 6 years old and was in storage for a while before I made it into an emulation rig. At some point the glue must have worn off because there are no longer any stickers on it!
(12-01-2013, 04:45 AM)misanthrope_prime Wrote: Yeah. It was a custom built PC that had the key on a sticker on the side, but the computer is like 6 years old and was in storage for a while before I made it into an emulation rig. At some point the glue must have worn off because there are no longer any stickers on it!

Well, crap.

I don't suppose you have any other XP codes lying around?

I had a similar thing happen with my modem access code. It's the code you need to change advanced settings on my modem/router. I was having to use it so often that I took it off the bottom of the modem and stuck it to the side of my PC. But the glue didn't hold and the sticker must have fallen off. So now I can't change my wireless password or any other advanced settings to my modem.