PCSX2 v.1.0.0 crashing on applying settings
So here's the dilly-o. I've been using PCSX2 for months on an admittedly old desktop (it was top-of-the-line circa 2008 and runs most PS2 games fine, so I repurposed it as an emulation machine and plopped it in my living room). I had been playing FFXII without issue until I turned on my PC today and the game wouldn't start- selecting "full" or "fast" boot with the iso selected just made it hang, then crash. I started getting messages saying some of the plugins weren't working, and whenever I tried to apply any settings with them, the program would hang, then crash.

So I figured I'd uninstall it and re-install it, after backing up my saves. I did so, and now when I'm at the first-time configuration, I can't get past the plugins page (the first one that pops up after you pick your language). I select "next" and then a window pops up for a split second saying "applying settings", then the whole thing crashes.

Admittedly, I'm using windows XP, so my choices for GS plugins are slim pickins- but it was working completely fine just a day ago and I haven't made any changes to my computer (though I did have a BSOD recently), so I'm at a loss. I realize I'm using some outdated hardware, and I'm not the most tech-savvy, so you're gonna have to spoon feed a bit of information to me. Any help you give would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Maybe this will help
Code:
PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350  - compiled on Aug  1 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a080000

Host Machine Init:
    Operating System =  Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    Physical RAM     =  2046 MB
    CPU name         =  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E8500  @ 3.16GHz
    Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 06)
    CPU speed        =  3.165 ghz (2 logical threads)
    x86PType         =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 0008e3fd
    x86EFlags        =  20100000

x86 Features Detected:
    MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
    Binding   GS: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\plugins\
(pxActionEvent) (LoadSinglePluginEvent) The configured GS plugin file was not found(LoadCorePlugins)

C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\plugins\
(GameDB) 9640 games on record (loaded in 236ms)
Path: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll

Loading plugins...
    Binding   GS: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\plugins\gsdx32-sse2-r5350.dll
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (6.14.13.2049)
    Binding  PAD: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\plugins\lilypad-r5350.dll
    Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\plugins\spu2-x-r5350.dll
    Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
    Binding  USB: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\plugins\USBnull.dll
    Binding   FW: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\plugins\FWnull.dll
    Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

Initializing plugins...
    Init GS
    Init PAD

Sponsored links

(12-01-2013, 03:06 AM)misanthrope_prime Wrote: So here's the dilly-o. I've been using PCSX2 for months on an admittedly old desktop (it was top-of-the-line circa 2008 and runs most PS2 games fine, so I repurposed it as an emulation machine and plopped it in my living room). I had been playing FFXII without issue until I turned on my PC today and the game wouldn't start- selecting "full" or "fast" boot with the iso selected just made it hang, then crash. I started getting messages saying some of the plugins weren't working, and whenever I tried to apply any settings with them, the program would hang, then crash.

So I figured I'd uninstall it and re-install it, after backing up my saves. I did so, and now when I'm at the first-time configuration, I can't get past the plugins page (the first one that pops up after you pick your language). I select "next" and then a window pops up for a split second saying "applying settings", then the whole thing crashes.

Admittedly, I'm using windows XP, so my choices for GS plugins are slim pickins- but it was working completely fine just a day ago and I haven't made any changes to my computer (though I did have a BSOD recently), so I'm at a loss. I realize I'm using some outdated hardware, and I'm not the most tech-savvy, so you're gonna have to spoon feed a bit of information to me. Any help you give would be greatly appreciated.

Uninstall PCSX2 and then manually clean the install directory, just in case stuff gets left behind.

Maybe try updating your visual c redistributable.

Other than that, I can't think of anything. Do you have system restore turned on in your XP? If so, maybe try a roll back.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Just did a system restore but apparently no changes were made.
EDIT: And my C++ redist is up to date.
Try a portable version from here:

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
With that portable version I have that same crash during initial setup.
(12-01-2013, 03:45 AM)misanthrope_prime Wrote: With that portable version I have that same crash during initial setup.

Something is really funny then...

It seems it messes up on the AVX version of GSDX. Go into the plugin folder and move that one somewhere away from there and try it.
(12-01-2013, 03:48 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Something is really funny then...

It seems it messes up on the AVX version of GSDX. Go into the plugin folder and move that one somewhere away from there and try it.

Just cut 'n' pasted the AVX to my desktop and tried running the setup and still got the crash.
Now I have absolutely 0 knowledge of what's going on here, but maybe this is the problem?

Code:
Initializing plugins...
    Init GS
    Init PAD

My controller has been giving me agida recently, so maybe the problem's somewhere there?

EDIT: Selecting the other pad plugin, ssspsxpad, seems to get me past the initial setup, so there's something wrong wit LilyPad I presume. But I can't start mapping any buttons on the other plugin, or the emu crashes.
(12-01-2013, 04:01 AM)misanthrope_prime Wrote: Now I have absolutely 0 knowledge of what's going on here, but maybe this is the problem?

Code:
Initializing plugins...
    Init GS
    Init PAD

My controller has been giving me agida recently, so maybe the problem's somewhere there?

EDIT: Selecting the other pad plugin, ssspsxpad, seems to get me past the initial setup, so there's something wrong wit LilyPad I presume. But I can't start mapping any buttons on the other plugin, or the emu crashes.

There is nothing wrong in that log, unless that's the very end of the log, in which case, yeah it points to lilypad.

Try this. Unplug your controller and wait a few seconds for windows to recognize it is unplugged. Start PCSX2 and try to map stuff to the keyboard.
Okay doing a bit of thinking. My BSOD did have something to do with my controller, which is a sixaxis. I used to use motionjoy but switched to better DS3 when I realized it was spyware, but I got a BSOD using it. Now it seems like my computer is having a hard time with game controllers in general, and that's what's causing PCSX2 to crash.

This problem may be beyond the purview of your help, but for the record, whenever I try to access something related to game controllers on this computer, I get the following error:
"The instruction at "0x7c936822" referenced memory at "0x005c0032". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program."