PCSX2 v.1.6 Windows 11
I have been using this same version and config on Windows 7 and 10.
On Windows 11 i get this error message

[wx] Failed to load shared library 'D:\#\PCSX2 1.6.0\plugins\LilyPad-MotioninJoy.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
(pxActionEvent) (LoadSinglePluginEvent) The configured PAD plugin file is not a valid dynamic library(LoadCorePlugins)

guessing a dependency got changed and these entry points are no longer in the supporting dll's
any ideas?
Version 5350 does work though with this plugin but was trying to use a newer build if possible

need this for the pressure sensitive buttons

Sponsored links

better use qt dev build, i guess
FYI, that DLL is Sony's. we can't provide support on it. better ask Sony directly
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-20-2022, 10:21 PM)jesalvein Wrote: better use qt dev build, i guess

i did edit my post to mention an older version does work
tried the QT build but didn't see where a different plugin for a controller could be specified
it was a chore forcing Motioninjoy into Windows 11 WOW so hate to bail this far into it

my guess was an entry point was no longer defined in a newer dependent dll or module
(06-20-2022, 10:23 PM)chris2ferz Wrote: tried the QT build but didn't see where a different plugin for a controller could be specified
you can't. plugins are gone
Quote:my guess was an entry point was no longer defined in a newer dependent dll or module
maybe. but since it's a proprietary module, i guess devs won't care
(06-20-2022, 10:51 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you can't. plugins are gone
maybe. but since it's a proprietary module, i guess devs won't care
traced the entry point to two external .dll's
msvcp100.dll
msvcr100.dll
when placed in the same working directory as pcsx2.exe the modules loaded and the plugins work now
put here for future reference if anyone else can benefit from it
or you could install the Visual Studio runtimes, like any other sane person.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-21-2022, 10:38 AM)refraction Wrote: or you could install the Visual Studio runtimes, like any other sane person.

if you take a minute to look at what i did to determine the problem which actually was a small fraction of what it took to get this working in Windows 11 the same way it worked in Windows 7, then a sane person would probably guess that I tried installing the runtimes - one of the first things i did.
It's a bit more complicated than that and i'm not a newb
I guess you installed the incorrect runtimes then, because what you copied in tot he folder, was visual studio runtimes.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-21-2022, 11:38 PM)refraction Wrote: I guess you installed the incorrect runtimes then, because what you copied in tot he folder, was visual studio runtimes.

i realize that - as i specified, the entry points are no longer included in the current version of these dll's so the only way to make it work without breaking anything was to place the older versions of these libs in the working folder so they could find their entry points (calls within the libraries)
it was more the plugin calling for this not PCSC2 but the error came from there.
as i said it's all good now and hope this helps someone else - probably low numbers of people wanting this but just in case
(06-21-2022, 11:54 PM)chris2ferz Wrote: as i said it's all good now and hope this helps someone else - probably low numbers of people wanting this but just in case
you mean using motioninJoy Dll instead of sdl handling ?
probably, yes