PCSX2 v0.9.8, not loading games
Hey thanks for reading my thread.

I have been trying for about 4 hours to get this damn emulator to work, I am running PCSX2 v0.9.8 and the emulator itself opens, I have configured it as follows:

GSdx 4600
Lilypad svn 0.10.0
SPU2-X r4600m 1.4.0
Linuz ISO CDVD
USBnull
FWnull
Dev9null

I am currently in France using a borrowed laptop and I am thinking that could be the problem, but I checked the specs and they are as follows.

Intel Core Duo @ 2.00gHz (2 cores)
3gb RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 1gb

I am pretty sure that this fulfils the requirements.
The problem I am encountering is that when I select the iso I want to use (FFVII) and click System>>Reboot CDVD (Full) it shows the PS2 splash animation but then cuts to black screen whilst displaying:

GIFTAG warning, size exceeded VU memory size 400
*PCSX2*: go PS1 mode DISC SPEED = 2X

on the command line, as well as this the EE usage percent goes to 100+ percent (but still moves, so it is not frozen) and the GS usage goes to around 0 (it is higher before the black screen).

When I run the emulator in No Disc mode it works fine, goes all the way to main menu, I have formatted my memory cards and everything. But as I stated before, when I run it in iso mode with the correct iso selected it just cuts to a black screen and doesnt load anything.

*Before anyone suggests that it is the iso, I have tried with 2 copies of the FFVII iso and both have given the same result.

Thank you very much for your help, I cant wait to play it again, it has been waaaay too long!

haha thanks again,
Tekboi Laugh

Sponsored links

You're trying to run Final Fantasy VII...?

PCSX2 does not currently support PS1 games.
(12-26-2011, 10:34 PM)Rezard Wrote: You're trying to run Final Fantasy VII...?

PCSX2 does not currently support PS1 games.

oh, I thought it was a PS2 game. Well that would explain it then wouldnt it haha.

Is Final Fantasy IX a PS1 game as well?
What color is the data side of the disc?
(12-26-2011, 10:36 PM)Rezard Wrote: What color is the data side of the disc?

It is PS1, just checked. haha Thank you for your help. I will try my FFXII instead, will let you know if that works better.
Expect the need for Speedhacks and low internal resolution with those specs. Smile
(12-26-2011, 10:42 PM)Rezard Wrote: Expect the need for Speedhacks and low internal resolution with those specs. Smile

Okay, FFXII works, but as you predicted is VERY slow and laggy/glitchy, the sound is god-awful too!

I was wondering you had any suggestions on configurations/speed hack settings that would optimise speed (not too bothered about video quality).

Thanks in advance,
Tekboi Laugh
With Speedhacks, apply those [Recommended], then increase the sliders as needed (or as much as possible before the effects become negative).

For graphics, the biggest thing you can do is lower the internal resolution. Go to the GS plugin settings, and set the res to "Native".