PCSX2 wiki
So far that wiki looks really great. I was going to suggest something, but I found that it seems you've got just about everything covered already. So it's just a matter of getting info on games collected from users now. Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

Very nice, looks like you've really put some effort into this.

Some things I'm not sure would work that well, could be,

Code:
(PAL) Best known configuration to play on Windows:

Using "Best known" may make a lot of users, especially looking at a lot of the new posts lately, hold you to this configuration. I'm wondering if a slightly different/better worded title may look something like this ?

Code:
(PAL) Configuration used to play on Windows:

That way you can't get held to account when stupid posts are made in this forum. Plus, are there any actual "BEST" configs for each game ? I know there are many good configs, and they work well, but not having completed any game (yet) in Pcsx2 (myself) I can't vouch for problems in later parts.

Code:
(PAL) Minimal PC specs to archive the best performance:

That would be hard to tell, since I doubt many people would know this. Wouldn't it be better if it was something similar to this

Code:
(PAL) PC specs used to test game:

That should give most people a clue to how the game will perform.

Also, I don't really think "LilyPad recommended configuration" is really necessary unless someone's using a real exotic controller, as I'm guessing that most people config lilypad to their own tastes.
Don't take this as a negative post, as I'm just posting some suggestions. You've done a fine job so far, look forward to see if people actually use it.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
Yep, I agree with DKTronics, if the game runs fine for me how am I supposed to know what the minimum hardware requirements are?
System Specs
AMD Phenom II x3 720 @ 3.5GHz
ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB overclocked
4GBs of DDR3 RAM
(09-20-2009, 12:47 AM)DKTronics Wrote:
Code:
(PAL) Configuration used to play on Windows:
Code:
(PAL) PC specs used to test game:

Totally agree. Changed it already. Though you can change it yourself if you wish. Noone can really 'break' things there as everything can be easily reverted. I've semi protected this only template to edit by the registered users (so to edit it you'd want to long on first).

(09-20-2009, 12:47 AM)DKTronics Wrote: Also, I don't really think "LilyPad recommended configuration" is really necessary unless someone's using a real exotic controller, as I'm guessing that most people config lilypad to their own tastes.
Don't take this as a negative post, as I'm just posting some suggestions.

I've made that one just for kicks. This game has some very hard controls scheme and that config will ease it a little. I'm not suggesting that this must be done on every page (and it won't of course).

(09-20-2009, 12:47 AM)DKTronics Wrote: You've done a fine job so far, look forward to see if people actually use it.

Thanks! Smile
I would like to see that too. But in real life -- lets see.
(09-19-2009, 10:47 PM)Air Wrote: So far that wiki looks really great. I was going to suggest something, but I found that it seems you've got just about everything covered already. So it's just a matter of getting info on games collected from users now. Smile

Thanks! Any suggestions are welcome as always and most of them can be done without my help really!
Please check out http://wiki.pcsx2.net
Find your favorite game and correct its page. You may help others looking for that info!
(09-20-2009, 01:55 AM)flow.of.soul Wrote: Yep, I agree with DKTronics, if the game runs fine for me how am I supposed to know what the minimum hardware requirements are?

Put in either your system specs, or a guess of some lower spec you think will still run it based on its performance in Framelimiter Disabled mode, and then make a note in the "Discussion" section of the Wiki, stating that the minimum req is based on your machine but might be lower and you'd like others to confirm/revise it, if possible.

That is the Way of the Wiki. Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
If I might make another suggestion,
Any chance of changing/adding the "All listed games" to include a "A-Z" menu at the top of the page ? That way, you can have a quick link to, for example, the Z menu without having to keep clicking until you eventually get there.

And, How about a "Review(s)" link to possibly Gamespot, for example ?

Here is their PS2 main games page, just to give examples of reviews.

http://uk.gamespot.com/games.html?type=g...subnav;all

I know I can add this myself, I just wanted to see opinions here first, and since this is your project.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
(09-20-2009, 02:12 PM)DKTronics Wrote: If I might make another suggestion,
Any chance of changing/adding the "All listed games" to include a "A-Z" menu at the top of the page ? That way, you can have a quick link to, for example, the Z menu without having to keep clicking until you eventually get there.

This is doable (a bit tricky though) and I'm all for it. Smile Check how I've done that.

(09-20-2009, 02:12 PM)DKTronics Wrote: And, How about a "Review(s)" link to possibly Gamespot, for example ?

I know I can add this myself, I just wanted to see opinions here first, and since this is your project.

Good idea, of course. I only cannot change automatically all those stubs I've created by hands (5 hours work). You can add it yourself but the template stuff is much more complicated than you can expect, I'll do it myself for now, you can observe the changes on this page:

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Te...on=history
Find your favorite game and correct its page. You may help others looking for that info!
(09-20-2009, 02:34 PM)ng__ Wrote:
(09-20-2009, 02:12 PM)DKTronics Wrote: If I might make another suggestion,

This is doable (a bit tricky though) and I'm all for it. Smile Check how I've done that.

(09-20-2009, 02:12 PM)DKTronics Wrote: And, How about a "Review(s)" link to possibly Gamespot, for example ?

Good idea, of course. I only cannot change automatically all those stubs I've created by hands (5 hours work). You can add it yourself but the template stuff is much more complicated than you can expect, I'll do it myself for now, you can observe the changes on this page:

http://pcsx2.wikia.com/index.php?title=T...on=history

Yep, I tried myself and it didn't work, I think I'll stop clicking things or I'll probably break the lot Laugh
I also tried adding some screen shots I took, but that didn't work either, so I'll just go read a book or something, at least I can't break that. Laugh
(09-20-2009, 02:42 PM)DKTronics Wrote: Yep, I tried myself and it didn't work, I think I'll stop clicking things or I'll probably break the lot Laugh
I also tried adding some screen shots I took, but that didn't work either, so I'll just go read a book or something, at least I can't break that. Laugh

Hey! You can't really BREAK anything. Every page contain the full history of changes so if you've done something unexpected you can revert it, it's so simple!
For shots (I've already answered on my talk page) you must add in edit mode:

<gallery>
Image:YourImageName.png|Your description that may be omitted
Image:YourImageName2.png|Your description 2 that may be omitted
</gallery>

Simple! (try it)
(09-20-2009, 02:49 PM)ng__ Wrote:
(09-20-2009, 02:42 PM)DKTronics Wrote: Yep, I tried myself and it didn't work, I think I'll stop clicking things or I'll probably break the lot Laugh

Hey! You can't really BREAK anything. Every page contain the full history of changes so if you've done something unexpected you can revert it, it's so simple!
For shots (I've already answered on my talk page) you must add in edit mode:

<gallery>
Image:YourImageName.png|Your description that may be omitted
Image:YourImageName2.png|Your description 2 that may be omitted
</gallery>

Simple! (try it)

I've got it now, just needed some caffeine. Cheers for adding the review links, I'll add some more, in a moment. Smile