PCSX2 won't read .mds files.
Hi. So what i'm trying to do here is to create a mds. file that points to 2 iso files so it sorta works like dual layer disc. I managed to with DVD Decrypter but PCSX2 won't read the file. I'm using PCSX2 0.9.7 r3113

Sponsored links

you need imgburn, it makes playable images. (I don't think decrypter does)
Decrypter does make playable images (created all my images perfectly so far) but I don't see why you want 2 iso files
Maybe he want to play two disks game and he don't want to switch disks.
I thought the .mds file isn't an image file it is something that points to the image. The seperate iso files work just fine but i'm having troubles swapping the discs to make it work (it's god of war 2 btw) I used isobuster and it works perfectly on single layer DVDs. I'm going to mount the .mds file in daemon tools and try making a single 8gb ISO file with imgburn
PCSX2 does not support image descriptors, such as MDS or CUE.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can make an DVD9/8gb ISO that will work with PCSX2 simply by conjoining the two files. Microsoft includes the ability to do this from a command line:

Code:
copy /b side1.iso+side2.iso dualLayer.iso

I haven't tested that myself, but I'm pretty sure that works.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Just put your DVD9 disk of the game into your DVD-ROM and use ImgBurn to create the DVD9 image.
I'm sure it works because that way I create an image of my Gran Turismo 4(which is DVD9)and it worked fine on pcsx2 and on my PS2HDD
(09-23-2010, 05:40 PM)Air Wrote: PCSX2 does not support image descriptors, such as MDS or CUE.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can make an DVD9/8gb ISO that will work with PCSX2 simply by conjoining the two files. Microsoft includes the ability to do this from a command line:

Code:
copy /b side1.iso+side2.iso dualLayer.iso

I haven't tested that myself, but I'm pretty sure that works.
cmd keeps saying the files weren't found

Wait i got it and the game freezes when I jump from 1 bridge to the next where Icarus is lying under. Freezes on mid air. Exactly the same results i reached with ISObuster IMGburn MagicISO PowerISO and lastly Commandline.
Is it working from your original DVD9 disk?