PCSX2 wont load through Emulation Station
I have a post on their forums but their entire forum is takin over by bots....quite sad really

Sponsored links

(12-14-2016, 11:57 AM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: Uh

command>C:\Users\"Slannder"\.emulationstation\systems\PCSX2\"pcsx2 1.4.0.exe" "%ROM_RAW%"</command>

I was looking at my pcsx2. and I'm pretty sure the exe isn't pcsx2 1.4.0.exe, Try just pcsx2.exe and see what happens. If that also does nothing then you should really just not use emulation station.

That worked! thank you so much lol I've been fiddling with this for a week Smile
Try simplifying the paths.
- Put your pcsx2.exe in C:\1 and your iso in C:\2
- Try to run pcsx2 with your iso from a Windows command prompt

If that works, you can reconfigure your emulationstation to use those paths for PS2.
Since it's now simpler, it reduces the chance of errors and helps you troubleshoot.

Edit: Really? You solved it the moment I replied? Gee Tongue2
Lol sorry Rama, thanks for trying to help though Smile now to figure out why Dolphin wont load my roms through ES..../ponder
I seen his issue right off XD, I looked at his code. Then the name of pcsx2.exe. then realized why it wasnt working for him. As for the issue with dolphon... Its rather picky so it may not work. And I doubt the Dolphin forums will be much help as they are currently working on coding the new GUI
[Image: xckarn-5.png]
Just looking at the code and I knew the issue right away myself LOL. seeing as how its pcsx2.exe and nothing else LOL. Yeah that would be a quick fix. As for Dolphin I have no idea why its not working for you as I have not seen the code you are using. Wouldn't surprise me if its a similar mistake.

Also Blyss the .emulationstation is quite correct as they are a number of programs that use the .foldername format including minecraft. in the users folder like that.

Heres mine for an example

[Image: Screenshot%202016-12-14%2013.13.25.png?dl=1]
(12-14-2016, 08:16 PM)Topken Wrote: Just looking at the code and I knew the issue right away myself LOL. seeing as how its pcsx2.exe and nothing else LOL. Yeah that would be a quick fix. As for Dolphin I have no idea why its not working for you as I have not seen the code you are using. Wouldn't surprise me if its a similar mistake.

Also Blyss the .emulationstation is quite correct as they are a number of programs that use the .foldername format including minecraft. in the users folder like that.

Heres mine for an example

[Image: Screenshot%202016-12-14%2013.13.25.png?dl=1]

I know there are folder names that use a preleading dot but it's rare and there were several things wrong with that line. As I stated I have zero knowledge of ES so I couldn't know if that dot was an error or was supposed to be there.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I have several more in my Roaming folder so they aren't that rare for me. So yeah I wouldn't have told him to remove the dot personally just fix the other problems in the path and to use the correct .exe name as well.
If we make that assumption then it's just as easy to assume "syst ems" is a valid directory(and it could be) or that he renamed his PCSX2.exe as "PCSX2 1.4.0.exe" (and people who keep multiple versions(especially multiple versions of the binary itself in one directory, like I do) often do.)

When you are dealing with problems that you don't know the answer to, you deal in probabilities. Without knowing the correct directory structure of his PC there is no way to know what's actually broken. We can only point out what might be. I even said as much in my post.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I appreciate all the help guys and everything you pointed it out was worth looking into, it did indeed lead to a fix Smile and for the dolphin issue i fixed it as well lol. for some reason this code

<command>C:\Users\"Slannder"\.emulationstation\systems\dolphin\"Dolphin.exe" --batch --exec="%ROM_RAW%"</command>

needed " " around Dolphin.exe and that fixed my unexpected parameters error with any rom that had a space in the name and made it so the rom would load all the way through dolphin without getting hung up on the dolphin menu screen. thanks again for the help Smile