PCSX2 works with the Namco System 246 BIOS!
(07-15-2013, 03:06 PM)C. Antonio Falcon Wrote: I think that the arcade ISO lacks the PS2-type boot files, is that why it's not recognised?

Yes and the internal structure of the ISO is fundamentally different from a normal ps2 game which is why .CHD is a different file format then .ISO when you ran chdman and extracted the raw ISO you bassically renamed .CHD to .ISO

Sponsored links

I see. So this is the main reason why it doesn't work.

Wait... I don't think the CHD file and the ISO file aren't actually the same at all. Extracting the ISO, I was able to open the archive with WinRAR and see its files while just renaming it I wasn't!
Yeah but structure wise you might as well have been
Also, the CHD is much smaller than the extracted ISO. When I started the emulator with the renamed CHD file, it won't start at all, while it will with the extracted one.
That's because it recognized a ISO if you could try to inject the ISO into the bios then load both the bios and the security card
The ISO and the card are both inserted in the emulated system, but sadly there's an error message saying "Boot File Is Not Right". I think it's up to the devs to take care of this.
why argue about the disc format. i'm sure the arcade are the same. look at how tekken works as arcade title use all regular buttons and connect the start button to a coin slot machine with a counter. it's that cheap.

and i'm sure there's only a boot loader on the dongle. as long as that mechanims - to load the boot loader from memory card - doesn't work it's not gonna happen you start from that "arcade disc".
Of course the button input system is no different, but the disc format is a different story, since arcade games usually worked with jammas before switching to discs with this system. After thinking about it, the only thing that prevents the disc from starting is the lack of support for the security dongle. I hope a solution can be found.
I to would be interested in a solution
After opening the security dongle data and a formatted .PS2 memory card file, both started like this: "PS2 Memory Card Format 1.2.0.0". So, it's not like the dongle format is actually different. PCSX2 does recognize it as a memory card, but I don't get why it doesn't work.