PCSX2 works with the Namco System 246 BIOS!
I've found out this yesterday. I was curious, so I decided to download the Namco System 246 BIOS that was dumped for MAME and set it on PCSX2. When starting the emulator without skipping the BIOS, an error message in Engrish will appear: "Boot File Not Exit". (The error isn't related to the emulator, but it's in the emulated system.) But if you skip it, it will try to start the game, though I haven't tried with an actual arcade game yet. So what do you think? I''m sure that it's possible to make a Namco System 246 emulator out of PCSX2.

BTW I've also tried to use the Namco System 256 BIOS, but that will freeze the emulator after a white screen.

Sponsored links

u'll get a warning soon for piracy Wink
Piracy? I didn't post or ask for any BIOS or game ISO's in here...
No but you downloaded the BIOS and that is piracy sadly. Awesome discovery though ^^
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
If so, I'm sorry, but I just had to tell you about this discovery. Anyway, it seems like no arcade games would work, because the same error message would be displayed with both types of boot. That's probably because the Namco System 246 security dongles can't be used in PCSX2.
(07-14-2013, 12:42 PM)C. Antonio Falcon Wrote: If so, I'm sorry, but I just had to tell you about this discovery. Anyway, it seems like no arcade games would work, because the same error message would be displayed with both types of boot.

Ps2 only boots with it's own bios
not with diffrent console bios's Smile
The Namco System 246 isn't a different console, it's an arcade system which uses the PS2 hardware.
This is what the error looks like.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-14-2013, 02:01 PM)C. Antonio Falcon Wrote: This is what the error looks like.

i can understand what u're saying
but simply it'll not work
in error message it saying that it can't boot program aka ps2
& boot file aka u'r game Smile
Well, the fact that the BIOS image works somehow, however, proves that it's possible to make at least an alternate version of PCSX2 that works with the Namco System 246 arcade games. Also "Boot File Not Exit" could mean "Boot files don't exist" which could be a reference to the boot files in the security dongle that comes with the game along with the DVD. I never expected this to work properly on PCSX2, you know.