PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
(02-24-2013, 09:49 AM)Tyestor Wrote: Dammit. Originally I had the .exe and the config folder in a folder called "bonus" which was in the PCSX2 directory. After reading your post I downloaded the new build and moved the new .exe + my old config folder into the PCSX2 root directory (same folder as cheats/cheats_ws) but I still get that error.

In any case, good job with the BIOS implementation. There are a few tweaks that would be nice to see. Having the dialogue look like the PCSX2 dialogue: http://i.imgur.com/RkEYh6d.png - Having all of the files listen in the BIOS folder in the dialogue box is, I feel, pretty messy. I myself have 3 different BIOS' and that's 18 files all up (for some reason NTSC-J has 2 .BIN files in the dialogue even though I only have one in the folder). Second tweak would be to put the BIOS tab on a new line. Having the arrows there makes it look a little clustered. http://i.imgur.com/cmT2iDu.png - Perhaps have GSdx, GS Window and GS on the top line and have VUs, EE/IOPs, Speed Hacks and BIOS on the next line.

EDIT: Also just noticed some options missing from hardware hacks config dialogue.

PCSX2 rev 5569
http://i.imgur.com/Day2ZCy.png

PCSX2Bonus
http://i.imgur.com/XtRyqh7.png

Added the missing options, however the offset hacks don't work just yet, I'll have to do a little investigating and see how the value is calculated when I have some time Tongue2 Also fixed the edge AA not saving properly and switched around the layout of the tabs so they aren't clustered anymore, let me know what you think.

Also, switched the view of the bios selection to mirror pcsx2, its not 100% yet but its close

(02-24-2013, 09:49 AM)Tyestor Wrote: EDIT 2: Found some more discrepancies.

1. Shade boost sliders not updated. (clicking reset changes it to the position it should be in 50/50/50 but it's not 50/50/50 by default even though in PCSX2 it is)

PCSX2 rev 5569
http://i.imgur.com/VErsRAk.png

PCSX2Bonus
http://i.imgur.com/jdlEjXm.png

2. No adapter selection

PCSX2 rev 5569
http://i.imgur.com/gWHA4A9.png

PCSX2Bonus
http://i.imgur.com/Vb9ePqn.png

3. Edge Anti-Aliasing under Software Mode Settings in the GSdx tab won't stay applied. Tick the box, click apply, click ok. Reopen the config and it's unticked.
Every default value in the custom configuration is generated from your current pcsx2 configuration settings; (unless I messed something up Tongue2) when the default config is created for the game, whatever your shade values are set to in pcsx2, they should set the same in pcsx2bonus o_O

(02-24-2013, 09:49 AM)Tyestor Wrote: PS: Please find a way to get widescreen hacks and cheats working, it's the only thing stopping me from using this launcher full time =/

Well I can't make any promises since we're on different versions of windows but....I got it to work on my system with my latest revision Laugh
http://puu.sh/27y86

Let me know if it works for you and if not we'll delve deeper into finding the issue until its fixed Smile

Sponsored links

(02-24-2013, 02:26 PM)Dexbonus Wrote: Every default value in the custom configuration is generated from your current pcsx2 configuration settings; (unless I messed something up Tongue2) when the default config is created for the game, whatever your shade values are set to in pcsx2, they should set the same in pcsx2bonus o_O

That's the thing though. The PCSX2 default, and the setting I have always left it at and never changed, has always been 50/50/50. When I first opened the dialogue for PCSX2Bonus everything was set to 0/0/0. It's set fine if you hit reset though which is weird. I'll download the new revision immediately Laugh

EDIT: Nope, still doesn't work while launching through a generated executable. It does however work if I right click the game in PCSX2Bonus and click play. Also noticed a weird bug with the BIOS display. Currently the BIOS dialogue in PCSX2Bonus displays this but PCSX2 shows this. I launched KH2:FM with both of the "Japan" BIOS' shown in PCSX2Bonus and PCSX2 still detects them correctly. First one in the list being the USA one and the second one being the real Japan one (confirmed it with the PCSX2 console). Another quick thing with the BIOS dialogue is that it doesn't clearly indicate which one you have selected. If I go out of the configuration dialogue and then go back in, I get this. It doesn't indicate which one is actually selected. Having PCSX2Bonus highlight the BIOS you have selected would make it clearer. But I guess this is what you meant by it not being as close to the PCSX2 display? Tongue
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
Does portable mode actually work.
Can you add an option to decide the mode at the first time you start the program.

This is what happens here
I start the program and it ask me to set the paths...ok I do that.Then I go to Edit=>Settings=>Choose for Program Mode: Portable and hit ok.
The program is restarted and all of the files from AppData deleted.Once I set everything again,the files are again created in appdata and the mode is again Seated.

And just to mention something about loading cheats.
PCSX2 don't have any settings specifying where the cheats folder is,to find the folder he uses two things
1.If you start pcsx2 directly from the exe(while you are in the pcsx2 directry)
2.If you start pcsx2 from a shortcut,he uses what is set in the "Start in" of the shortcut.

So if you somehow set the working directory to be the pcsx2 folder before starting pcsx2,the cheats will be loaded.

Also can you please do something about this auto downloading things without asking.
(02-24-2013, 03:13 PM)Tyestor Wrote: EDIT: Nope, still doesn't work while launching through a generated executable. It does however work if I right click the game in PCSX2Bonus and click play.

Updated the executable generation so that the working directory gets set to pcsx2's path correctly and added the current bios being selected when opening the custom config menu Tongue2

vsub Wrote:Does portable mode actually work.
Can you add an option to decide the mode at the first time you start the program.

I start the program and it ask me to set the paths...ok I do that.Then I go to Edit=>Settings=>Choose for Program Mode: Portable and hit ok.
The program is restarted and all of the files from AppData deleted.Once I set everything again,the files are again created in appdata and the mode is again Seated.

And just to mention something about loading cheats.
PCSX2 don't have any settings specifying where the cheats folder is,to find the folder he uses two things
1.If you start pcsx2 directly from the exe(while you are in the pcsx2 directry)
2.If you start pcsx2 from a shortcut,he uses what is set in the "Start in" of the shortcut.

So if you somehow set the working directory to be the pcsx2 folder before starting pcsx2,the cheats will be loaded.

Also can you please do something about this auto downloading things without asking.

In all the tests I've performed, portability mode works, however I'll look into it, the only reason I can think of offhand for it reverting back to appdata would be its failing several sanity checks for some reason Tongue2

I'll add the option to set it on the first startup as you suggested when I get time. And thanks for the information about the cheats, I actually figured out how to fix them by viewing some other threads containing your posts Smile

(I'll add settings to make the cover art / information optional also)
Update the changelog in your OP!

Also the pet peeve where every revision is v1.0 - Fix pls Laugh

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for the fixes, lol.
EDIT 2: Yep, cheats load now. Are you able to fix the wrong bios version displaying at all?
EDIT 3: Can you add an option to hide the console as well as the GUI when opening a generated executable? Even with no GUI ticked, it doesn't hide the console. "Show Console" is unchecked in PCSX2. Also, I noticed when I got to the main menu in game that when I hit esc, PCSX2 crashes. Probably has something to do with the main PCSX2 GUI being hidden. Perhaps have it show up while GSdx is paused and then when you resume have it be hidden again. The work around at the moment is to disable "hide window when paused". Oh and another pet peeve of mine is when I hit "apply" it doesn't look like I've clicked it at all. How the apply button works in PCSX2 feels more "satisfying". I dunno, maybe I'm just weird.
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
(02-24-2013, 03:33 PM)vsub Wrote: Does portable mode actually work.

It doesnt delete anything, it moves to the folder the PCSX2Bonus.exe`s located. On first launch if you set portable or seated, just make sure its finished downloading cover art after importing before changing the portable seated choices. This will avoid such errors Tongue
EDIT: I works perfectly for me, the only way i can duplicate your error is to move from seated to portable during the cover art download process
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(02-24-2013, 04:22 PM)Tyestor Wrote: Update the changelog in your OP!

Also the pet peeve where every revision is v1.0 - Fix pls Laugh

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for the fixes, lol.
EDIT 2: Yep, cheats load now. Are you able to fix the wrong bios version displaying at all?
EDIT 3: Can you add an option to hide the console as well as the GUI when opening a generated executable? Even with no GUI ticked, it doesn't hide the console. "Show Console" is unchecked in PCSX2. Also, I noticed when I got to the main menu in game that when I hit esc, PCSX2 crashes. Probably has something to do with the main PCSX2 GUI being hidden. Perhaps have it show up while GSdx is paused and then when you resume have it be hidden again. The work around at the moment is to disable "hide window when paused". Oh and another pet peeve of mine is when I hit "apply" it doesn't look like I've clicked it at all. How the apply button works in PCSX2 feels more "satisfying". I dunno, maybe I'm just weird.

The bios display should be fixed now. As far as I know pcsx2 has no command line argument to hide the console, just the GUI. The launcher has no actual control of what happens once PCSX2 is running, it just passes the start parameters to it when launching a game / executable and it does the rest Tongue2 And thanks to you for reporting the issues!
The console is still there,just the "visible" style(WS_VISIBLE)is removed once you uncheck the option from the pcsx2 menus.
If you can apply WS styles,you can just hide the window or:
1.The option to be disabled by the used before starting to make lists of games so when he add a game to the list,the current settings for the game will also contains the change to the PCSX2_ui.ini that the console is not enabled
2.For you to add a checkbox that edit PCSX2_ui.ini
[ProgramLog]
Visible=

BTW the --nogui command line is evil,I don't really recommend using it because if you accidentally press Esc,the emulator will completely be closed and if you didn't save shortly before pressing it,you will loose all of your progress
(02-25-2013, 03:10 AM)vsub Wrote: The console is still there,just the "visible" style(WS_VISIBLE)is removed once you uncheck the option from the pcsx2 menus.
If you can apply WS styles,you can just hide the window or:
1.The option to be disabled by the used before starting to make lists of games so when he add a game to the list,the current settings for the game will also contains the change to the PCSX2_ui.ini that the console is not enabled
2.For you to add a checkbox that edit PCSX2_ui.ini
[ProgramLog]
Visible=

BTW the --nogui command line is evil,I don't really recommend using it because if you accidentally press Esc,the emulator will completely be closed and if you didn't save shortly before pressing it,you will loose all of your progress

Thanks for that info vsub Smile All of the custom config options are set / assigned by reading and writing the values from the ini files so I'm trying to keep from actually calling any functions on pcsx2 itself. The visible setting in the pcsx2_ui.ini works fine and I added it to the newest build
(02-07-2013, 01:23 AM)Dexbonus Wrote: (2-24-2013)
  • Added bios selection to the custom configuration options
  • Cheats are now activated correctly when launching a game
  • Added some missing gsdx options
  • Settings now include options to disable the downloading of cover art and information
  • Added option to show or hide the pcsx2 console under the GS Window tab in the custom configuration options

Thanks for fixing the issue with getting cheats running properly from this frontend. I use them with .hack and now that cheats load, this is the ONLY frontend I will be using, period Smile

Jared