PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
(02-26-2013, 03:07 PM)vsub Wrote: Yes it works now(all problems fixed).
Just some suggestions
1.Rather than adding r- to the name,why to just add that info in the about dialog
2.Make the adding screenshots allow selecting multiple files

Edit:
Forgot about something(this is more serious)
1.Hide or minimize the program to the tray whey you start a game and restore the launcher when you close pcsx2
2.Do not allow running more than one game...since the launcher just send a command line and run pcsx2,you can accidentally start pcsx2 more than once

Added your idea about the notify icon as to prevent opening more than one game by accident Smile I'll start making the screenshot importing a bit more robust later today

Sponsored links

Ok,that's better Smile ...and maybe add the same feature to the launcher(only one instance of the launcher to be allowed to run)

BTW I don't know if it's just here but if I start the launcher and the just close it...the tray icon will stay in the tray until I mouse over it
Maybe show a tray icon only while the window is minimized to the tray\pcsx2 is running
(02-27-2013, 03:26 AM)vsub Wrote: Ok,that's better Smile ...and maybe add the same feature to the launcher(only one instance of the launcher to be allowed to run)

BTW I don't know if it's just here but if I start the launcher and the just close it...the tray icon will stay in the tray until I mouse over it
Maybe show a tray icon only while the window is minimized to the tray\pcsx2 is running

Yeah, in the first build I posted when I replied to your message I forgot to set the visibility of the icon so that it was hidden unless a game was launched Tongue2 Thats been fixed, sorry about that
Noticed in portable mode if I move my external to another computer and launched Pcsx2Bonus that the configuration menu comes up for Paths and after I've reset them and my game lists appear on the launcher, actually selecting a game results in an error message saying this game does not exist.
Sent from my mobile phone
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
My test is similar to omnikam but in my case,the program crashes(after the GUI appear and before anything is loaded)if I edit the pcsx2DataDir from PCSX2Bonus.settings

Editing the settings from there or just move the launcher to somewhere else(where the pcsx2 path is incorrect)or rename the pcsx2 directory name(where the pcsx2DataDir is not the set location)

The easiest fix would be to make the make the setup dialog to appear if the directory pointing pcsx2 does not exist(even the Error Viewer says that the error is because the directory don't exist)
(02-27-2013, 12:05 PM)vsub Wrote: My test is similar to omnikam but in my case,the program crashes(after the GUI appear and before anything is loaded)if I edit the pcsx2DataDir from PCSX2Bonus.settings

Editing the settings from there or just move the launcher to somewhere else(where the pcsx2 path is incorrect)or rename the pcsx2 directory name(where the pcsx2DataDir is not the set location)

The easiest fix would be to make the make the setup dialog to appear if the directory pointing pcsx2 does not exist(even the Error Viewer says that the error is because the directory don't exist)

The setup dialog will now launch if the directories in the settings get moved / renamed or don't exist

Edit: Forgot to mention I gave you some credit in the about dialog of the program for helping catch so many bugs Smile
I'm not there Tongue2
Edit:I downloaded it again and I'm there now
This is the best launcher
would be great if you could add the option to choose between the quick start without load bios, and full boot with loaded bios.

Sorry for my English
First off, great work!!!
This has turned into something very nice.

...but I've ran into a slight problem, if I try to add the game Red Faction I get an error message - "There was an error adding the following games to the library Red Faction" I guess it's a bug?

Any help with this would be great... thanks.
An eternity of midnights...
(02-28-2013, 06:07 AM)Kains Legacy Wrote: First off, great work!!!
This has turned into something very nice.

...but I've ran into a slight problem, if I try to add the game Red Faction I get an error message - "There was an error adding the following games to the library Red Faction" I guess it's a bug?

Any help with this would be great... thanks.
Thank you Smile

On to business. If you could provide the elf (serial) of the game along with the extension of the image file, I'll look into it and see if I can't figure out whats going on