PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
Dexbonus, You are TOO generous, Let me buy you a beer! Smile
Larger tile Pictures? Now im going to have to get better res Covers, cos those scaled up ones look like....Tongue
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*

Sponsored links

Dexbonus, thank you very much for this "little big" program!!! Biggrin

May I suggest a little improvement?
Why don't you add also a recursive folder scanning function (for iso, mdf, nrg, etc etc) maybe with content auto-update option on startup?

Typical scenario: all ISOs stored in separated sub-folders under one "main" folder (ie "PS2 ISO Dumps").

By the way, good work!

Bye
Dexbonus, Im loving TV mode, and it looks so good on my 32inch Smile Just a reminder to anyone updating from a Pre TV mode build, remember to delete your Images folder, cos New ones will be downloaded in HD and so will look great in TV mode, otherwise your old images want look so good Wink
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(03-05-2013, 01:05 PM)mauromj Wrote: Dexbonus, thank you very much for this "little big" program!!! Biggrin

May I suggest a little improvement?
Why don't you add also a recursive folder scanning function (for iso, mdf, nrg, etc etc) maybe with content auto-update option on startup?

Typical scenario: all ISOs stored in separated sub-folders under one "main" folder (ie "PS2 ISO Dumps").

By the way, good work!

Bye

Thank you Smile Look for recursive searching in the next update, I'll look into the auto update function and see how practical it would be to add. Worst case scenario of such a thing off the top of my head would be someone adding a large directory (that doesn't just include game images) which would take a while to search through, then on every startup it would continuously search through said directory for new content resulting in a slow down o_O
TV mode looks nice Smile Some things I noticed:

-High res pics take extremely long to download, I got 5 mbits down and I only got like 10/200 games in 5 mins waiting..maybe it got stuck somewhere?
-No way to discern Disc 1 from Disc 2 games since they both have the same covers
-ESC/Alt-F4 didn't work most of the times, had to kill the process
-Activating TV mode immediately after opening the program and after clearing my images folder makes PCSX2bonus stay on a white screen (which would be TV mode)

That's all for now Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-07-2013, 10:28 AM)Bositman Wrote: TV mode looks nice Smile Some things I noticed:

-High res pics take extremely long to download, I got 5 mbits down and I only got like 10/200 games in 5 mins waiting..maybe it got stuck somewhere?
-No way to discern Disc 1 from Disc 2 games since they both have the same covers
-ESC/Alt-F4 didn't work most of the times, had to kill the process
-Activating TV mode immediately after opening the program and after clearing my images folder makes PCSX2bonus stay on a white screen (which would be TV mode)

That's all for now Tongue

Thanks Smile I changed the escape key to register regardless of what element has focus so that should be ok now Tongue2

Regarding the white screen, that happens if tv mode is activated before the library is finished loading since it relies on the object model of the game library. I've set the button to be disabled while things are loading / adding to prevent that.

As for the image speed I'm not really sure, I've tested the new images with 300 games and it finished in around 2 minutes on the 3mb net I have at the moment in my hotel room. It might be a issue with too many threads being queued up at once to the threadpool (generally it should only queue up around 2-3 downloads at a time) I'll look into that section of the code when I get some time.

I'm not really sure of a good way to differentiate the different items with the same cover art, any ideas? xD
Hm seems the problem is not that the images aren't downloaded, but the covers are not updated. Tried it at work too and I only got 2 covers at first. When I closed and reopened it, I got all covers instantly.

Would be nice to add the game titles below the covers, or maybe just Disc 1/Disc 2
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-07-2013, 02:34 AM)Dexbonus Wrote: Look for recursive searching in the next update, I'll look into the auto update function and see how practical it would be to add. Worst case scenario of such a thing off the top of my head would be someone adding a large directory (that doesn't just include game images) which would take a while to search through, then on every startup it would continuously search through said directory for new content resulting in a slow down o_O

That's good news! Happy

Thank you.
Would be nice if you added the option to preset

and alternating row colors as seen in the emulator dolphin
[img][Image: 130307084824883612.jpg][/img]
(03-07-2013, 09:40 PM)Dark Maggots Wrote: Would be nice if you added the option to preset

and alternating row colors as seen in the emulator dolphin

Added alternating row colors to the latest build Tongue2