PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
Gvaz: Do you need to make a GS dump for debugging? Else just leave the option alone Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

The point was I can't start it because it says to choose a dump on the GSDx gui menu that comes up because of this launcher...
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
Hey, this is a very useful and cosmetically pleasing frontend that you've created for PCSX2. However, I'm having a rather annoying issue with it.

On the first launch everything works fine and I set the directory paths for PCSX2. After completing this step, I am able to use the application and setup my games. Everything seems to be working great, so I exit the PCSX2Bonus and then relaunch it, and this is where the problem is. Every time I launch PCSX2Bonus after the initial setup I get this .NET error

[Image: Bonus_Error.jpg]

and none of my games or settings appear. The only way to use the application is to delete the PCSX2Bonus.settings file from AppData\Roaming\PCSX2Bonus and set the paths again upon every launch. I'm on Windows 7 x64 and have .NET Framework 1.1 and 4.0 installed. Any assistance you could provide me with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
(03-20-2013, 12:41 PM)Snake1138 Wrote: Hey, this is a very useful and cosmetically pleasing frontend that you've created for PCSX2. However, I'm having a rather annoying issue with it.

On the first launch everything works fine and I set the directory paths for PCSX2. After completing this step, I am able to use the application and setup my games. Everything seems to be working great, so I exit the PCSX2Bonus and then relaunch it, and this is where the problem is. Every time I launch PCSX2Bonus after the initial setup I get this .NET error

[Image: Bonus_Error.jpg]

and none of my games or settings appear. The only way to use the application is to delete the PCSX2Bonus.settings file from AppData\Roaming\PCSX2Bonus and set the paths again upon every launch. I'm on Windows 7 x64 and have .NET Framework 1.1 and 4.0 installed. Any assistance you could provide me with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Thanks for letting me know about the error Smile

At a glance it seems one of the settings values is null when the program is attempting to get / set it and thus throwing the exception. If you could provide me with a copy of your settings file as it is when the error occurs I'll take a look at it to figure out whats going on so we can get this corrected Smile
Thanks for the quick reply Smile

Here is the settings file.

Attached Files
.zip   PCSX2Bonus.settings.zip (Size: 842 bytes / Downloads: 197)
Cheats on/off doesn't seem to save on custom configs or get applied. Using 1.0.0.78 Wink
(03-20-2013, 02:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: Cheats on/off doesn't seem to save on custom configs or get applied. Using 1.0.0.78 Wink

Thanks for bringing that up, should be fixed in .79 Smile

(03-20-2013, 01:21 PM)Snake1138 Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply Smile

Here is the settings file.

After looking at your settings file the only thing I could surmise was that the machine id node that is appended to the settings file wasn't being flagged as created (since it was created about 250~ times in that file Tongue2)

I've removed the need to use that node altogether in the latest build which should -hopefully- fix your issue (don't worry if it doesn't, just let me know and I'll keep investigating Happy)
(03-20-2013, 11:59 PM)Dexbonus Wrote: Thanks for bringing that up, should be fixed in .79 Smile

Nice works Smile Onto the next one Tongue

Clicking configure for the GSdx HW hacks brings this error box: (couldn't replicate 100% so it should have some trigger)
Input string was not in a correct format.
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at PCSX2BonusRC1.GUI.HacksConfig.LoadGsdxValues(String path)
   at PCSX2BonusRC1.GUI.HacksConfig..ctor(String path)
   at PCSX2BonusRC1.GUI.GsdxConfig.btnHacksConfig_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.586 (RTMLDR.030319-5800)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PCSX2Bonus
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/PCSX2/PCSX2Bonus.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2003 built by: RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2001 built by: RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2001 built by: RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
ObjectListView
    Assembly Version: 2.5.1.1680
{4a762ec9-9fab-4437-bbef-d3e8d939179d}
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
HtmlAgilityPack
    Assembly Version: 1.4.6.0
System.Xml.Linq
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
When I pick an memory card for a game sometimes it comes up saying can not find memory card and shows only 1 when I look in pcsx2 memory cards, also sometimes when it picks the right card and the game starts checking for the save it says card needs to be format.
Cool frontend, nice job man. Cool

Almost all my games are detected but some of them get an error and cannot be added to the library. Attached screenie of the error.

Also Ar Tonelico 1's image is the wrong one it is the one of Ar Tonelico 2.

Hope you can fix this. Good Luck Smile .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)