PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
Hey, thanks for this, great little program!

Am just having a small problem with it. Basically I've just reformatted my PC and started again with everything. I re downloaded the program and started it up.

I was monkeying with the settings and shifted it to TV mode before I'd added any Isos. Now every time I start it it shifts immediately to full screen and says 'the program has stopped working'.

Even when I delete the exe and start again the same thing happens. Is there a config file or something I can delete to stop it autostarting this way?

Thank you!

Sponsored links

(03-24-2013, 11:44 PM)grandmastashi Wrote: Hey, thanks for this, great little program!

Am just having a small problem with it. Basically I've just reformatted my PC and started again with everything. I re downloaded the program and started it up.

I was monkeying with the settings and shifted it to TV mode before I'd added any Isos. Now every time I start it it shifts immediately to full screen and says 'the program has stopped working'.

Even when I delete the exe and start again the same thing happens. Is there a config file or something I can delete to stop it autostarting this way?

Thank you!

The settings file is stored in appdata > roaming > pcsx2bonus by default, if you ever have a problem you can always delete it from there Tongue2 I updated the latest build to only enter tv mode if you have more then one game in the library to prevent this problem in the future, thanks for letting me know about this Smile
Hello,

i write you once again in case you have overread this reply...

Like i wrote you before, there´s a little problem saving the "Speed-Hacks" - Configuration.

When i choose "Constant Skipping" by 4 frames to draw/skip and apply it and when i enter the "EE Cylerate" and "VU Cycle Stealing" with a value higher than "1" and apply it as well, these settings are not being saved.

Because when i play a rom, exit "PcSX2" and go to the "GS" and "Speed-Hacks" configuration, the value is still 0/1 and the "Frame Skipping" on "disabled" ...

What can i do ?!
(03-25-2013, 04:22 AM)HerrVorragend1975 Wrote: Hello,

i write you once again in case you have overread this reply...

Like i wrote you before, there´s a little problem saving the "Speed-Hacks" - Configuration.

When i choose "Constant Skipping" by 4 frames to draw/skip and apply it and when i enter the "EE Cylerate" and "VU Cycle Stealing" with a value higher than "1" and apply it as well, these settings are not being saved.

Because when i play a rom, exit "PcSX2" and go to the "GS" and "Speed-Hacks" configuration, the value is still 0/1 and the "Frame Skipping" on "disabled" ...

What can i do ?!

I'm looking into this but I'm having trouble replicating your problem. If you could send me a copy of your pcsx2_vm.ini after you set the values in the launcher I can check it and see if its not applying them correctly since thats the only reason I can think of it not working properly.
Hello again dear DexBonus,

I am still having the "bug" that i cannot save the "GS" and "Speed-Hacks"-settings. There were some things that i have done to avoid this problem:

1) Read the configurations-files in "Roaming": After setting the "cylces" to 1/1 and "Frame-Skipping" to 2, i applied these settings and started pcsx just to exit it directly.
But it doesn´t save the gs and speedhack-setting, it is still on disabled. All other settings were saved... (the vm.ini is wrire protected concerning the folders and data).
2) Downloaded the newest built (1.0.0.87): No change here.
(03-27-2013, 07:21 AM)HerrVorragend1975 Wrote: Hello again dear DexBonus,

I am still having the "bug" that i cannot save the "GS" and "Speed-Hacks"-settings. There were some things that i have done to avoid this problem:

1) Read the configurations-files in "Roaming": After setting the "cylces" to 1/1 and "Frame-Skipping" to 2, i applied these settings and started pcsx just to exit it directly.
But it doesn´t save the gs and speedhack-setting, it is still on disabled. All other settings were saved... (the vm.ini is wrire protected concerning the folders and data).
2) Downloaded the newest built (1.0.0.87): No change here.

Try deleting the 'Default' config folder and the config folder for the game in question and let the launcher remake it (can be found at appdata > roaming > pcsx2bonus > configs)

The launcher won't be able to save the settings if the file is set as read only so make sure that isn't the case with the pcsx2_vm.ini

Have you tried running the launcher as administrator?
Hello once again,

when i look into the pcsx2_vm.ini after configurating the speed settings and exiting pcsx2, it still shows an "0" on cycles and "disabled" on frame skipping. And, yes, i started your program as administrator ...

The only thing that i can imagine of is that the dir is write-protected ( concerning the data of the folders ) ... So when i find out via google how to enable the wrtiting the "bug" will vanish.

Nice, very nice work on that, except this i don´t have anything to complain about, and you can set this 1.87 to final - version ! THX,THX a lot !!
(03-25-2013, 12:42 AM)Dexbonus Wrote: The settings file is stored in appdata > roaming > pcsx2bonus by default, if you ever have a problem you can always delete it from there Tongue2 I updated the latest build to only enter tv mode if you have more then one game in the library to prevent this problem in the future, thanks for letting me know about this Smile

Hi again, thanks for fixing this problem, was driving me mad! Unfortunately now, when I try and create a custom config for an iso I get the following error... could you shed any light on what I'm doing wrong please?

Quote:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'S:\Emulation\PS2\PCSX2 1.0.0\inis\'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
at PCSX2BonusRC1.GUI.frmBonus.SetDefaultConfig(String name)
at PCSX2BonusRC1.GUI.frmBonus.manageCustomConfigurationToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PCSX2Bonus
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dan/Desktop/PCSX2Bonus.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
ObjectListView
Assembly Version: 2.5.1.1680
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
{9dcf20eb-f597-4130-bb33-eaf96a2f8015}
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
HtmlAgilityPack
Assembly Version: 1.4.6.0
System.Xml.Linq
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
WindowsFormsIntegration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
PresentationCore
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.298 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
PresentationFramework
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.298
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
System.Xaml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
MouseKeyboardActivityMonitor
Assembly Version: 3.0.1.9579
PresentationFramework.Aero
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
(03-30-2013, 10:55 PM)grandmastashi Wrote: Hi again, thanks for fixing this problem, was driving me mad! Unfortunately now, when I try and create a custom config for an iso I get the following error... could you shed any light on what I'm doing wrong please?

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'S:\Emulation\PS2\PCSX2 1.0.0\inis\'.

I changed the way the files are created in the new build so give that a try, also verify that 'S:\Emulation\PS2\PCSX2 1.0.0\inis\' is the actual path where the ini files are located for your pcsx2 installation Tongue2
Hi, this is getting better.
would be nice if you attached options to create translation files.