PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
I have an issue. Every time I try to use the manage custom configuration function, the program crashes. All other functions work fine, even with making exes, except that I can't configure anything because the program kills itself automatically.

I've cleaned my registry with ccleaner, deleted the program, reinstalled the program, cleared out the appdata mess, moved the program to a different folder, moved the program to desktop, ran in administrator, ran in Windows 7/Vista/XP compatibility mode (I'm on Win8), and nothing I've done has allowed me to bypass this crash.

At one point I gave up and tried using other methods of getting games to auto boot so I could launch them in Steam, but those methods are arguably far more laborious and tedious than this launcher, so I came back and tried the above methods again, and I still get the same issue.

Any workarounds or older versions I could use?

Sponsored links

(06-23-2013, 06:58 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: I'm just curios about something. What would happen if the site where the launcher goes to fetch the game cover image goes down? wouldn't we be out of luck or what would you do? I know it is only a small aesthetic thing, but still.
I'd find another way to do it Tongue2

(06-24-2013, 11:19 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: DexBonus, Quick question and sorry if this was answered before. But could you add support for a custom shader file config? I use Asmodean's shader and it works great. But i don't like the blurriness of fxaa so i turn it off, I'd like to turn it on for my games i have to run in software mode though, So they look less jagged.
I've just recently recoded the entire program, look for shader support soon

(06-30-2013, 08:29 PM)RyDroid Wrote: It looks like nice.
Have you planed to make it free software (as in free speech) ? What about GNU/Linux compatibility ?
I didn't plan it but I am considering it

(07-02-2013, 11:37 AM)midnitecarnival Wrote: Sorry if this has been brought up already this is quite a long thread.

First off I want to say that the front end is awesome but I'm getting impeded by one bug that may not be common seeing as I'm one of few PC gamers using a non MS game pad let alone two non MS game pads.

It seems that Bonus is ignoring Lilypad's default settings and forcing my designated game pad 1 as game pad 2.
For some reason I can not access Lilypad's config screen from the front end.

Although very practical and convenient for tailoring each game individually, I was wondering if there was also a way to turn off any influence that Bonus has over my default emulator configuration.

Common sense would suggest to just spend the little bit of energy to set down game pad 1 and pick up game pad 2 but my game pad 2 is an older model with less features.
Please try the new version as it handles configuring the plugins differently and should support any type of plugin that pcsx2 supports Smile If you don't want bonus influencing your game you can just delete the custom config folder for said game.

(07-06-2013, 06:02 AM)BrandeX Wrote: TV Mode is not working. It loads up the selected game after pressing the accept button on my control, but then goes into the background and continues capturing controller button input, so every time I press button 0 inside the game it continually loads a new copy of the game via PSX2 over and over again.
Try the new version

(07-12-2013, 05:44 PM)Preet Wrote: was it working before ?
If u running it first time,i think u need .net framework 4.0
if u have already then delete all folders & settings related to it from u'r computer
even from hidden folders
i think it's folder is in c:username:appdata:local also
delete it's registry values also in registry editor
to go to registry editor
go to start type regedit in search box
then enter-then yes
Go to Hkey current user & in Hkey Local Machine
Then software & search for pcsx2 bonus related folder or anything delete it !!
PCSX2Bonus doesn't effect the registry in any way Wacko

(07-20-2013, 08:54 AM)IncapsulatedThought Wrote: I have an issue. Every time I try to use the manage custom configuration function, the program crashes. All other functions work fine, even with making exes, except that I can't configure anything because the program kills itself automatically.

I've cleaned my registry with ccleaner, deleted the program, reinstalled the program, cleared out the appdata mess, moved the program to a different folder, moved the program to desktop, ran in administrator, ran in Windows 7/Vista/XP compatibility mode (I'm on Win8), and nothing I've done has allowed me to bypass this crash.

At one point I gave up and tried using other methods of getting games to auto boot so I could launch them in Steam, but those methods are arguably far more laborious and tedious than this launcher, so I came back and tried the above methods again, and I still get the same issue.

Any workarounds or older versions I could use?
Try the new version and report back to me if you have any problems Smile
(07-22-2013, 06:16 AM)Dexbonus Wrote: Try the new version and report back to me if you have any problems Smile

Now when I try to select my data folder, it says that a required folder can't be found.

I'm going to run through and delete all of my pcsx2 stuff, reinstall it, and see if there were errors on my installation end.
(07-22-2013, 10:27 PM)IncapsulatedThought Wrote: Now when I try to select my data folder, it says that a required folder can't be found.

I'm going to run through and delete all of my pcsx2 stuff, reinstall it, and see if there were errors on my installation end.

The folder not being found error was a problem with the code, its been fixed in the latest version. Sorry about that Tongue2 If you're still having problems let me know
Not sure if I am doing it wrong or not but once I run for the first time PCSX2Bonus and put the path for the emulator I get Error Building initial game database! error message and then the front end opens but I cannot load my ISO's.

Using one of the older version of this program works fine but I don't want to go backwards. I am running Win 7 64 Bit OS and I tried to run this with admin privileges and Winxp compatibility but none of that works.
(07-23-2013, 02:39 AM)mannyi31 Wrote: Not sure if I am doing it wrong or not but once I run for the first time PCSX2Bonus and put the path for the emulator I get Error Building initial game database! error message and then the front end opens but I cannot load my ISO's.

Using one of the older version of this program works fine but I don't want to go backwards. I am running Win 7 64 Bit OS and I tried to run this with admin privileges and Winxp compatibility but none of that works.

The only reason I can think of for this error being thrown is that the program can't find the gamedatabase.dbf file in the directory you're assigning for the pcsx2 dir o_O Verify that the file is there and get back to me, if it turns out it is I'll take a look over the new code and see whats going on Smile
(07-23-2013, 04:02 AM)Dexbonus Wrote: The only reason I can think of for this error being thrown is that the program can't find the gamedatabase.dbf file in the directory you're assigning for the pcsx2 dir o_O Verify that the file is there and get back to me, if it turns out it is I'll take a look over the new code and see whats going on Smile

I'm having the same issue as manny. I got the version I was previously having issues with to work--I'm assuming it's because I had default pcsx2 directories installed even though everything is really installed in a custom location;everything is going smooth since deleting the defaults--, but the never version is giving me the database error as well.
(07-23-2013, 04:02 AM)Dexbonus Wrote: The only reason I can think of for this error being thrown is that the program can't find the gamedatabase.dbf file in the directory you're assigning for the pcsx2 dir o_O Verify that the file is there and get back to me, if it turns out it is I'll take a look over the new code and see whats going on Smile

Well tried today and updated PCSX2 to r5705 and gamedatabase.dbf is confirmed to be in the installation directory of the emulator. Once I ran bonus I got the same error message as before. I do not have PCSX2 installed on the C: drive as I got another drive just for games that is my D: drive. Windows program files protection does not affect that drive. Let me know what other info you need for troubleshoot this and I will provide it.
Also notice that the DB is not called gamedatabase.dbf but GameIndex.dbf. Is this the problem? I tried renaming it to match what you stated but it did not make a difference so I reverted back since that is what PCSX2 is looking for when it loads.
(07-23-2013, 11:55 PM)mannyi31 Wrote: Also notice that the DB is not called gamedatabase.dbf but GameIndex.dbf. Is this the problem? I tried renaming it to match what you stated but it did not make a difference so I reverted back since that is what PCSX2 is looking for when it loads.

That was just me typing the name wrong whilst replying to you, its correct in the program Tongue Anyway, the issue was with the settings provider not recognizing the correct location of the file for some reason. Its been fixed and the new build is up, give it a try and let me know how it goes Smile
(ignore the pm I sent you)