PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
(07-25-2013, 09:04 PM)Dexbonus Wrote: Both issues fixed in the latest version

thanks for the fixBiggrin
but i think i found another bug....when i first time add game or no game config folder yet and just proceed with plugin config without running the game first,my memcards folder setting will set to plugin folder when i launch the game...not a big problem for me thoughBiggrin

edit 1:it will always set memcards folder to plugin folder when i try to edit settings with config button in plugin section

Sponsored links

What website do you use for scraping the game info, covers and screen shots as sometimes it gets it completely wrong E.G '.hack part 3 - outbreak' was picked up as 'resident evil outbreak' and 'Zapper one wicked cricket' became a game who's name was completely un-recogniseable, i use http://www.mobygames.com/ to get all my information. Also maybe you could add an option to re-scrape the info of a particular game if it didn't get it right by asking the user to enter the game name manually that way they could enter part of the name E.G. '.hack part 3' then you could list say just the top 5 matches and let them pick the correct one, or even just let the user enter the all the required info by hand, just an idea.
(07-26-2013, 11:19 AM)catcher39 Wrote: What website do you use for scraping the game info, covers and screen shots as sometimes it gets it completely wrong E.G '.hack part 3 - outbreak' was picked up as 'resident evil outbreak' and 'Zapper one wicked cricket' became a game who's name was completely un-recogniseable, i use http://www.mobygames.com/ to get all my information. Also maybe you could add an option to re-scrape the info of a particular game if it didn't get it right by asking the user to enter the game name manually that way they could enter part of the name E.G. '.hack part 3' then you could list say just the top 5 matches and let them pick the correct one, or even just let the user enter the all the required info by hand, just an idea.

The program is using gamefaqs to get all the information / images. Its not a matter of the site not having the info, its the matter of how the game is named within the gameindex.db file compared to how the game is named on the website. In this case the name within the database file is "dot Hack - Part 3 - Outbreak" while the name on the website is ".hack//Outbreak Part 3".

The program uses the Levenshtein Distance algorithm to compare each search result to the original search term (the name of the game in the database) and assigns a number to each item based on how different it is to the original term and then the one with the lowest value is selected and proceeds with scraping the info.

I realize it gets it wrong sometimes but realistically its near impossible for it to get it correct 100% of the time Sad The option to rescrape is something I'll definitely look into though Smile
Thank you so very much! This is indeed very helpful and looks grate to use! Laugh
THANKS!
I had completely forgotten about gamefaqs for the game info. I just had a thought(yes i know their very few and far between) is it possible for you to implement some kind of button combination on the controller to exit the emulator say like Start,Back,L1,L2,R1 & R2 or even make it user defined, it would just make a lot easier to go from playing one game to another without having to press escape then exit on the emulator to get the launcher to come back up.

Also (and i know I'm asking a lot) but could you create a version of this for PC Games as well, I've tried several different PC game launchers but i like the way this one works and the TV mode is brilliant.

Thanks.
I decided to try this launcher since I have had issues with the other launcher and so far this one seems to work better in general except a couple of issues. The location set for the Save States and the Memcards is wrong. When I try to manage the save states it tries to go into documents/pcsx2 and when I run a game the memcards are set to the plugins directory instead on memcards so there is an error and can't load memcards.

PS. Could you have the default memcards (Mcd001.ps2 and Mcd002.ps2) set as default memcards for all games so that you don't need to go through every game changing the memcards.
(07-28-2013, 06:07 AM)guenthar Wrote: I decided to try this launcher since I have had issues with the other launcher and so far this one seems to work better in general except a couple of issues. The location set for the Save States and the Memcards is wrong. When I try to manage the save states it tries to go into documents/pcsx2 and when I run a game the memcards are set to the plugins directory instead on memcards so there is an error and can't load memcards.

PS. Could you have the default memcards (Mcd001.ps2 and Mcd002.ps2) set as default memcards for all games so that you don't need to go through every game changing the memcards.

Memory cards and save states should now load from the correct directory Smile Try the latest build
Thank you, It works now.
Hello Smile
First, thank you for this little gem; just what i wanted ^.^. I use intensively the TV mode as a frontend Wink

Second, i read how you look for correspondance name/cover. However here is an error made by the program:

the game is : "Innocent Life - Harvest Moon - Pure [NTSC-U] [SLUS-21641]"

The SLUS is well reconized by PCSX2Bonus, as the name but nor the cover nor the description (=>"Like life an hour", a VN i think, from "GN Software" released in 2005. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Like_Life ).

so i wonder : why don't you make two pass, first one by the SLUS (i think about sonyindex.com by head), and the second with the name fursnihed by the first pass for the cover & description ?

Cordialement,
jlkawaii.
edit:add of the wikipedia entry for the error+typo.
Thanks for custom shader support on per game basis.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb