PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
@Dexbonus
PCSX2Bonus.exe crashes when attempting to switch TV mode when no games have been added.
Edit: I noticed that PCSX2Bonus saves the widescreen patches to the cheats folder. PCSX2 uses a folder named cheats_ws by default to keep widescreen patches separate from regular cheats.

Would you consider adding the ability to display the developer name and an option to change the date format? It seems to me that knowing the developer should be as important as knowing the publisher.

Sponsored links

(08-09-2013, 08:11 PM)JoeRamone2013 Wrote: Great frontend man!

Any plans to add ZIP/7z Suport for the ISO collection?

Just like offlinelist or RomCenter.

I know that PCSX2 cannot handle compressed files, but to keep a good size collection its a good Idea to compress the files (I have 200+ ISOs +/- 700GB uncompressed but "just" 400GB...

If I start a compressd game to play i will need to wait some time for it to decompress before its loads in the emulator... I think that's a fair price to pay to save several GBs of HD space.

Would be a good idea to add a check box to keep the uncompressed file after quit the emu if you are thinking that partigular game again anytime sooner.

I would prefer ZIP/7z support. I really need some heavy compression rate because PS2 is a large collection and I don’t play it very often. I think it’s a very common situation when someone plays just a few games, 5 or 10 that would stay uncompressed and open instantly, and have other hundreds games in collection that would make good use of a 50%+ compression ratio.

It´s the better of two worlds.
As long as you keep your dvds, just rip the 10 games you playbfrom time to time and dump an iso of the one you decide to play when you feel like doing so.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-12-2013, 10:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: As long as you keep your dvds, just rip the 10 games you playbfrom time to time and dump an iso of the one you decide to play when you feel like doing so.

No Way...

I Do keep a shelf full of DVDs but its not a easy task to appreciate the covers, see the whole collection and manipulate diskis thinking about what the next game to play. I live in a small appartment and my best option is to keep my originals locked down in a wardrobe while I spread and mess with all my games in a Large 60" flat LCD that do not need to be organized when i'm done.
Trying to choose 'assign memory card' from the context menu for Dark Cloud/Dark Cloud 2 gives me an error: "Length cannot be lower than zero" or something like this.

EDIT: creating a custom configuration (which created the configs folder for the games) fixed it.
(08-14-2013, 01:56 PM)Kooi Wrote: Trying to choose 'assign memory card' from the context menu for Dark Cloud/Dark Cloud 2 gives me an error: "Length cannot be lower than zero" or something like this.

EDIT: creating a custom configuration (which created the configs folder for the games) fixed it.

Thanks for letting me know about that, its fixed in the latest version Smile
PCSX2bonus uses 25% cpu time (one full core) continuously when opened in tv mode, and almost nothing when open in a regular window.
When I try to create a custom configuration, the application throws an unhandled exception. "Could not find file C:\....AppData\Roaming\PCSX2Bonus\Configs\[Current Game]\PCSX2_ui.ini" Trying to launch PCSX2 via PCSX2B the next time after this error occurs forces me to choose my plugins and BIOS location all over again every time.

I've attached the error dump for reference.

Attached Files
.txt   Dump.txt (Size: 6,07 KB / Downloads: 282)
@Dexbonus,

I came across your front-end looking for a way to configure PCSX2 for playing different games. Am a programmer myself and am curious - is this open-sourced by any chance? Would you be willing to accept patches/ code suggestions by others?

-chronodekar
I don't think someone already posted about this, but...

With the Wild Arms games, the cover art and description doesn't match the game. For example, Wild Arms 3 and 4 show the cover art and description for Wild Arms 5, and Wild Arms 5 shows the cover art and description for 3. It's nothing major, but I thought I'd at least let you know. Smile

Also with Xenosaga it does not correctly detect all of the discs (only detects one disc when there are 3)