PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
But now the compatibility list of the site suffering a heavy updateds,then this programm have to do the same about it(about internal compatibility list index)

Sponsored links

It's getting automatically updated with our list.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hi folks. Is this launcher still being developed? Looks good from descriptions, but needing a few things to integrate into my cab:

1) Can it launch games from variables passed to it via command line? e.g. PCSXBonus.exe Tekken5
2) Does it easily accommodate PCSX2 updates? That is - if I get all my games set up with individual settings and then update pcsx2 (and plugins) - will I have to go through each game's settings again, or is there a way to transfer the 'existing' per-game settings?

Kudos to you guys continuing to contribute to the emu scene! Smile
(06-30-2014, 11:29 PM)stigzler Wrote: Hi folks. Is this launcher still being developed? Looks good from descriptions, but needing a few things to integrate into my cab:

1) Can it launch games from variables passed to it via command line? e.g. PCSXBonus.exe Tekken5

It doesn't accept command line arguments, PCSX2 already does that and thats how the launcher communicates with it.

(06-30-2014, 11:29 PM)stigzler Wrote: 2) Does it easily accommodate PCSX2 updates? That is - if I get all my games set up with individual settings and then update pcsx2 (and plugins) - will I have to go through each game's settings again, or is there a way to transfer the 'existing' per-game settings?

You shouldn't have to update your settings unless PCSX2 adds something new that you want to include.

I realize its been a long time since I've posted, things have been busy Tongue2

The next revision of the program is being worked on and when its complete I plan on posting the source on github. The most notable change in the upcoming version (besides open source) will be the departure of using Gamefaqs for gathering all of the information for your games. Instead I wanted to move towards a more 'legit' method and decided to go with TheGamesDB which offers an API for this type of stuff. This will initially mean there will be less readily available material to access, but since the sites database is open to contributions people can easily add to it.

Lastly, thanks to everyone who has given the program and chance and ended up using it. I never thought it would reach this many people Smile
(07-04-2014, 06:10 PM)Dexbonus Wrote: It doesn't accept command line arguments, PCSX2 already does that and thats how the launcher communicates with it.
Thanks for the reply, Dex!
Still a little confused on this one, though. I currently use another launcher, and the way this works is thus:

Front end calls Launcher via command line with gamename appended
Launcher then applies settings for the game (specified in command line argument) and then calls PCSX2

So, there's no way to run the Bonus launcher from command line? I may be missing something...

(07-04-2014, 06:10 PM)Dexbonus Wrote: You shouldn't have to update your settings unless PCSX2 adds something new that you want to include.
Well, this happened to me recently with the other launcher. I updated PCSX2 and the plugins to get round that really annoying NVidia bug. However, couldn't find an easy way to change all the settings (essentially for PCSX2 and also the new plugins). I was hoping this might be possible in Bonus...

Thanks for the reply.
this does apparently not work on a system that was W8 and then upgraded to 8.1. It only gets me a blank unhandled exception window.
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
Hi guys. Tried out this frontend recently and found it very useful. Then I moved my ISO folder to another directory and now the automatic online feature to download cover art is broken. All other info, including Compatibility Rating works fine, just the cover art will not download. Tried installing, uninstalling & re-installing both PCSX2 & PCSX2Bonus multiple times and no joy. If I see that friggin' PacMan smiley in place of what should be PS2 cover art one more time, I'm gonna have an aneurysm! Since I spent quite a bit of time making my PS2 collection into ISOs (over 40!) I would really like to get this working again. The thought of having to manually download cover art for 40 titles fills me with existential horror. Any tips on how I can get the online auto-fetch cover art working again?
(09-24-2014, 05:15 PM)JackOfOwls Wrote: Hi guys. Tried out this frontend recently and found it very useful. Then I moved my ISO folder to another directory and now the automatic online feature to download cover art is broken. All other info, including Compatibility Rating works fine, just the cover art will not download. Tried installing, uninstalling & re-installing both PCSX2 & PCSX2Bonus multiple times and no joy. If I see that friggin' PacMan smiley in place of what should be PS2 cover art one more time, I'm gonna have an aneurysm! Since I spent quite a bit of time making my PS2 collection into ISOs (over 40!) I would really like to get this working again. The thought of having to manually download cover art for 40 titles fills me with existential horror. Any tips on how I can get the online auto-fetch cover art working again?

Don't know about "Auto", but can't you right-click on them and select "Choose game version" or something? It brings you to the online database where you select the game based on it's something-code (SLUS-####, for eksample). The auto fetch almost never worked for me :-)
(09-24-2014, 07:20 PM)Kaze Wrote: Don't know about "Auto", but can't you right-click on them and select "Choose game version" or something? It brings you to the online database where you select the game based on it's something-code (SLUS-####, for eksample). The auto fetch almost never worked for me :-)

There's no "Choose game version" when I right click using the latest version of PCSX2Bonus. This is frustrating for me because it was working perfectly yesterday, with no problem whatsoever. All box cover art was retrieved & displayed. Now, nada. It's almost as if the online database is offline. Is this a possibility? This is a great frontend (when it's working) but still has a number of quirks. For example, it took me HOURS to just discover how to find the correct data directory in the initial setup. It won't accept the default directory where PCSX2 is installed and I had to point it to the PCSX2 directory in My Documents. Now this. Sad
(09-24-2014, 08:13 PM)JackOfOwls Wrote: There's no "Choose game version" when I right click using the latest version of PCSX2Bonus. This is frustrating for me because it was working perfectly yesterday, with no problem whatsoever. All box cover art was retrieved & displayed. Now, nada. It's almost as if the online database is offline. Is this a possibility? This is a great frontend (when it's working) but still has a number of quirks. For example, it took me HOURS to just discover how to find the correct data directory in the initial setup. It won't accept the default directory where PCSX2 is installed and I had to point it to the PCSX2 directory in My Documents. Now this. Sad

It doesn't say "Choose game version" exactly, I can't remember what it said, but it sent you to the list I mentioned. Can't check for meself what it's called since it stopped working after I upgraded to Windows 8.1 Sad One of the top 7 option I think...