PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
Does it have permission to write to the image folder?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Sponsored links

Yes and such things don't exist on my pc.
I don't have any restrictions to anything and I'm 99% sure that the problem is the way the program tries to get the coverts(probably method don't work anymore)
Cover art is working for me and I just downloaded it today. Great Frontend thanks! Being a editor for Replacement docs I like the link to our site.Cool
It also doesn't download anything when I try to see screenshots for the game I select
(12-16-2014, 04:01 PM)Jamosb Wrote: Being a editor for Replacement docs I like the link to our site.Cool

Dude you people have an awesome site there, i get all my manuals from there. Laugh
Keep up the good work!
[Image: cloudstrife696.png]  
 [Image: sig.gif]
(12-05-2014, 12:00 PM)Bositman Wrote: This isn't a plugin, it's a frontend...

Yes i understand that, but nothing was happening to see where to interact with this, so i wasn't sure if it was completely stand alone or had to be accessed through pcsx2 somewhere. Anyway, I redownloaded it from the beginning of this thread instead of the download on the pcsx2.net tools section. I put it in the pcsx2 dir and ran it. It created the pcsx2bonus folder Then it gave me a popup asking for the pcsx2 dir and the data dir. Clicking okay brought up a black window with boxes to select the directories. it didn't do that last time, that's why i was getting confused. I would click "OK" after the first popup and then nothing would happen. So anyway, now that that part is working I still have a problem:

PROBLEM:
What folder is the data directory? I tried searching through this thread and saw some people say just to select the pcsx2 directory again. I get the "a required folder could not be found" error when i do that (or select any other folder). So IDK what to select for that. And you can't continue without it. I also tried manually editing the settings file (as someone here suggested as their solution) and just copying in the path of the folder C:\PCSX2\ into the two fields for the directories. Then tried launching it and it just immediately crashes.

Any help please?

UPDATE:
As pointed out by omnikam, the correct folder for me under windows 7, was the pcsx2 folder within my documents.
(12-23-2014, 08:32 PM)RadicalxEdward Wrote: Yes i understand that, but nothing was happening to see where to interact with this, so i wasn't sure if it was completely stand alone or had to be accessed through pcsx2 somewhere. Anyway, I redownloaded it from the beginning of this thread instead of the download on the pcsx2.net tools section. I put it in the pcsx2 dir and ran it. It created the pcsx2bonus folder Then it gave me a popup asking for the pcsx2 dir and the data dir. Clicking okay brought up a black window with boxes to select the directories. it didn't do that last time, that's why i was getting confused. I would click "OK" after the first popup and then nothing would happen. So anyway, now that that part is working I still have a problem:

PROBLEM:
What folder is the data directory? I tried searching through this thread and saw some people say just to select the pcsx2 directory again. I get the "a required folder could not be found" error when i do that (or select any other folder). So IDK what to select for that. And you can't continue without it. I also tried manually editing the settings file (as someone here suggested as their solution) and just copying in the path of the folder C:\PCSX2\ into the two fields for the directories. Then tried launching it and it just immediately crashes.

Any help please?

UPDATE:
By selecting my appdata folder It accepts it and launches the frontend. However if i try to configure a game it complains about not finding a folder that it would expect in the pcsx2 directory (bios, inis, etc), and closes. So idk how the heck to get this to work.

The data folder for me is /my documents/pcsx2
give that ago if instal folder doesn't work
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
So I finally figured out what my problem was after forever, It's this

GAMEFAQS

Blocked IP Address

Your IP address has been temporarily blocked due to large numbers of bad HTTP requests. The most common causes of this issue are:

Using a script or add-on that scans GameFAQs for box and screen images, overloading our search engine

So now I figured that out I have a new question, Is there a way for me to obtain the rest of the images without getting banned forever from gamefaqs Laugh
(12-26-2014, 04:34 PM)omnikam Wrote: The data folder for me is /my documents/pcsx2
give that ago if instal folder doesn't work

Did you already install anything to that folder or is that just an empty folder for you?

UPDATE!

I tried the folder you suggested and saw it had all the folders that were popping up in the error messages. So i went into settings and changed the data folder path and you were RIGHT! It's all working now. THANK YOU!
Bit late with this, but just found out about this recently. Super handy tool, thanks for this.

I confirm what vsub mentioned though - No covers are being downloaded. Seems that GameFAQs indeed changed something.

[Edit]
Upon further investigation, it seems that GameFAQs bans you when running this. It's apparently mass sending requests to their servers..
Quote:Blocked IP Address

Your IP address has been temporarily blocked due to large numbers of bad HTTP requests. The most common causes of this issue are:

Using a script or add-on that scans GameFAQs for box and screen images, overloading our search engine
Using a badly configured (or badly written) browser add-on for blocking content
Running a badly configured (or badly written) web scanning program
Using a custom stylesheet with incorrect image links

After you remove this block by agreeing to stop this behavior below, you will have 24-48 hours to stop all bad requests, or you will be permanently blocked.

If you do not understand what is causing this behavior, please contact us here.
If you wish to be unblocked, you must agree that you will take immediate steps to rectify this issue. Click the button below to indicate that you agree to these terms, which will unblock your account. If you continue to cause errors, you will be blocked again for an indefinite period.

Someone else mentioned this as well.

I'm gonna have to stop using this tool because of this I'm afraid, because I do not want to permabanned there lol.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)