PCSX2CE: PCSX2 Cheat Converter / Patch File Editor
(10-13-2010, 01:03 AM)Arrei Wrote: I create a pnach placed into Documents, since I couldn't write into the cheats folder due to permissions problems, then paste it into the cheats folder myself.

You should fix the permissions of the cheats folder so PCSX2CE doesn't get blocked. It would make things easier for you.

(10-13-2010, 01:03 AM)Arrei Wrote: What did I do wrong?

The code is not in raw format. Convert it with Omniconvert or use the DQVIII save editor that is also posted here.

Sponsored links

Oh, okay, I missed a step. Big thanks for the help, I got my cheats working.
Heyas, I tried to use this editor to cheat valkyrie profile 2...and didn't work
Here's a SS of the pnach file and what happens when I try to run the game with the cheats
(the VP2 CRC is 0xCC96CE93, but when I try to save as it the programs say its wrong so I saved as CC96CE93)

[Image: cheatingvp2.jpg]
I thought that this may happen when people start using this program.
Did you read the first line of the features
Quote:Convert raw codes to PCSX2 patches (master codes are commented out)

1.PCSX2 don't need master codes
2.Your codes are definitely not raw format
3.PCSX2 can't use those codes(your codes)and that's why pcsx2 give you all those errors

fuzzymillipede if it's possible,you may add something that tell the user that the codes are not raw format when they try to convert them.Normally(not always)the first and the second digit of the address is enough to tell if the code is raw or not
Uhnnn got it, but where/how can I get raw codes? Mellow

Edit: to get the raw codes use the Omniconvert, check the code version in the site you got the code and select it in the "Input" in omniconvert, them choose Output > Unencrypted > Standard and click convert Laugh

You can download Omniconvert here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Making-ch...hes-easier

Thx for the help vsub
The first post has been updated to hopefully clear up some of the issues regarding this program.
Useful. Not exactly a massively revolutionary leap ahead, but very useful for adding multiple code conversions. Surprising how much time you save by not having to type a few extra phrases in.
That is the idea behind the Path File Editor, it is a massive repetitive work sparing blessed little pearl Smile

Just remember utilities like omniconvert can convert codes in batch (simply copy/paste multiple encrypted codes in the left window and they appear as raw in the other side), and life becomes brighter Smile

PS: To people having revolutionary ideas, remember it is a text editor, not the cheat engine itself... The only way to make the process yet more sophisticated (should a say automatic?) would be improving/changing/replacing the whole pnach engine.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Er, I went through the whole process including the omniconvert process, and it's still giving me red lines of code. What should I do now?

In case it matters, I was using action replay MAX codes and I did ensure that I put them in as such through the menus on omniconvert.. Or at least some of them. Here, I'll go do it again. This will be edited with the result. EDIT: Yeah, it was pretty much the same.

Here's a glance at the .pnach file (or rather, the whole thing in quote form)

Quote:// Max Synth Points For The Last Item Slot
patch=1,EE,01e22740,short,000003e7
// Max Items Amount For The Slot Before Last Item Slot.
patch=1,EE,01E226A8,short,000003e7
// Max\Infinite Gilda
patch=1,EE,21E6384C,word,0098967F
// Infinite Weapon HP
patch=1,EE,1C890958,extended,15F6E79D
patch=1,EE,1C89095C,extended,1456E7A5
// Infinite Ammo
patch=1,EE,1C890958,extended,15F6E79D
patch=1,EE,1C89095C,extended,1456E7A5
// Infinite Ridepod Fuel
patch=1,EE,1D75B25C,extended,D85DA7A5
// Maximum Ridepod Experience
patch=1,EE,1D75B264,extended,D9132025
// Wrench Synth Points
patch=1,EE,3D75ACCC,extended,1456E788
// Gun Synth Points
patch=1,EE,4D75AF38,extended,1456E404
// Sword Synth Points
patch=1,EE,4D75B058,extended,1456E404
// Max has infinite health
patch=1,EE,1D75AA24,extended,D85DA7A5
// Monica has infinite health
patch=1,EE,1D75AEB0,extended,D85DA7A5
Those codes are definitely not raw format(except the first 3)