PCSX2CE: PCSX2 Cheat Converter / Patch File Editor
The program has been reposted. Tell me if that fixes your problem, vsub. The next version will automatically comment out master codes, since they aren't used by PCSX2. It will also support the zerogs= line and might support multiple comment= lines if applicable.

Does anyone know if multiple comments work? Or does PCSX2 just ignore comments after the first one? Example:
comment=line 1
comment=line 2
comment=line 3

(08-02-2010, 07:11 PM)Bositman Wrote: Can't you set it to a % of the user's desktop resolution? Hard coding the dimensions doesn't sound like a good coding practice Tongue You're using the java swing library right? Have you given netbeans a try?

It isn't exactly hard-coded. The components just display at their default sizes. For simple programs like this, I prefer to code the GUI by hand in a no-frills IDE. It makes the code a lot shorter than using a program like NetBeans.

But the size as a percentage of the desktop is a good idea. I will have the window size itself to fill up 90% of the width and 90% of the height of the available space (this is desktop resolution minus stuff like taskbars) on the screen.

Sponsored links

I don't know if this is a problem because I don't use pnach cheats(I create some cheat using ArtMoney and then put it into my codebreaker to use it on my PS2)but the program add 1 free space at the end of every line.

Edit:I didn't read your previous post...yes that it's kinda like fix but I have to resize the window every time I start the program
(08-03-2010, 09:04 AM)vsub Wrote: I don't know if this is a problem because I don't use pnach cheats(I create some cheat using ArtMoney and then put it into my codebreaker to use it on my PS2)but the program add 1 free space at the end of every line.

Edit:I didn't read your previous post...yes that it's kinda like fix but I have to resize the window every time I start the program

The extra space at the end will be fixed.

What if I make it remember the size of the window when you close it? Then the next time you start the program, it will still be the same size.
I was going to suggest you that.
Since there is a file with settings,why not remember the size too.
New version posted (v0.15).

Changes:
-Can have multiple "comment=" lines
-Can use "c=" as shorthand for "comment="
-Program remembers the size and position of the window
-Window should initially display fine, even in 800x600
-Go to Home button added
-Confirmation message on exit if you have unsaved changes
-Doesn't ask if you want to overwrite the file you have open
-Master codes are commented out instead of converted
-Extra space at end of converted code removed
-Text area scrollbars improved
Ok,this way is definitely better(the size is also remembered when you maximize the window but that's not a problem)
(08-04-2010, 12:32 AM)vsub Wrote: Ok,this way is definitely better(the size is also remembered when you maximize the window but that's not a problem)

I reposted the program. Does that fix the problem?
Yes,now it's ok

Here's 2 other bugs

1.If I try to open .pnach with lower case letters in his name,when I try to save it will cut the lower case letters from the crc and an error will appear asking for the crc

2.When I click on "Open .pnach File",above in Look in says that I'm on my Desktop but I'm in My Documents and if I try to access my Desktop by any way(go to C:\ => Documents and Settings => Desktop)it can't enter it.The mouse pointer start flashing(that indicates that it tries to do something)but nothings happen.Also even I click on "Open .pnach File" no matter in what folder I am currently,the mouse will flash and it will stop if I go to any directory other than my Desktop
(08-04-2010, 06:31 AM)vsub Wrote: 1.If I try to open .pnach with lower case letters in his name,when I try to save it will cut the lower case letters from the crc and an error will appear asking for the crc

As far as I know, a valid CRC must be an 8-digit hexadecimal number. So if you put something that isn't an 8-digit hexadecimal number, it will be rejected. I will make it so the program will refuse to load a .pnach file with an invalid CRC.

(08-04-2010, 06:31 AM)vsub Wrote: 2.When I click on "Open .pnach File",above in Look in says that I'm on my Desktop but I'm in My Documents and if I try to access my Desktop by any way(go to C:\ => Documents and Settings => Desktop)it can't enter it.The mouse pointer start flashing(that indicates that it tries to do something)but nothings happen.Also even I click on "Open .pnach File" no matter in what folder I am currently,the mouse will flash and it will stop if I go to any directory other than my Desktop

That is strange. It is working just fine for me and I am using Windows 7. That problem is probably related to something in the Java libraries, not my code. Does the same thing happen in FFXED?
1. The pcsx2 pnach writer,save the file with lower case letters and pcsx2 can work with both upper and lower case pnach files
94a82aaa.pnach
DE37E046.pnach
both are working fine on pcsx2 and this editor open the file normally but when you try to save,it delete all of the lower case letters and leave it like this 9482,thus an error will appear because this is not a correct CRC.

2.My Java installation is a bit different than normal installation but I think the editor is the problem.FFXED work fine and I also can set the home directory(which is on my desktop in directory named PCSX2 0.9.7).What I mean is that I can browse to my desktop using the Browse button(to set my home directory/pnach directory)but I can't browse to my desktop using the "Open .pnach file" button.

When I set the home directory to that folder on my desktop and click on the "Open .pnach file" button it will open the cheats sub folder in pcsx2 without problems but if I press the Up button twice(to go my desktop) or click on the Desktop button,my mouse pointer will start flashing like it's doing something but it won't show the desktop

Edit:I actually find the reason but I have no idea why.If you have ANY file on any directory with one letter long name(no matter where)this will happen.I had a file named g.txt on my desktop and that was the reason for that problem