PCXS2 1.0.0 portable?
(12-25-2012, 08:30 AM)jesalvein Wrote: actually, no.
those are the only ones you need.

but in fact, updating VC++ & Directx on a windows machine is mandatory, nowadays.
And not only for pcsx2....

Thanks...

So are you saying that windows comes with DirectX and VC++?
Cuss i never have i downloaded one if its that mandatory... and i never had a problem with out it...

Sponsored links

(12-25-2012, 05:41 PM)TheVillain Wrote: So are you saying that windows comes with DirectX and VC++?

it does.
but the ones provided are quite outdated versions.
some recent games or other software (like pcsx2) will require newer versions...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-25-2012, 05:48 PM)jesalvein Wrote: it does.
but the ones provided are quite outdated versions.
some recent games or other software (like pcsx2) will require newer versions...

Did not know that, thanks
(12-25-2012, 06:18 PM)TheVillain Wrote: Did not know that, thanks

Actually almost all new installed games try installing DX themselves, PCSX2 just points to the link with the latest version instead carrying the whole application (which is bigger than the emulator itself) and force installing it.
Imagination is where we are truly real
It is really a pain in the ass. Imagine you install 5 games consecutively, and all of them update DirectX after installation, while you already have the latest version. You never know if they leave the latest version intact, overwrite, or downgrade it. And some stupid games even install VC++ runtime when your computer already has it installed, making your Control Panel program list full of VC++ Redist. And of course, the corresponding VC++ runtime is NOT removed when you uninstall the software. Currently, I have to track and write down which software installs which version of VC++ runtime, so I can remove it when I uninstall the software.

Some pirate groups repack the game, change the installation wizard, add optional DirectX and VC++ installation options. In case your forget to check them, you can always install them later by browsing the setup disc/folder. If you ask me, I prefer the repack version over the original disc in such cases. Pirates are smarter than the game developers, indeed.

/to TheVillain PCSX2 requires the latest (well, almost latest) DirectX and VC++ runtimes. If you want to run PCSX2 on multiple PCs, prepare these runtimes installers as well because they may not have been installed. PCSX2 don't automatically install these things into your computer. One reason for me to like PCSX2. Tongue
So, is there any possible way to make PCSX2 1.0 completely portable?

Like, could I download the files needed for it to run normally and place them onto the drive I use, or would it still require me to install the latest DirectX/C++ installations?

A User named Air posted on an older topic regarding 0.9.7 this, "You can download the unzippable version and extract it to Users/Documents/Programs/pcsx2, for example, which would allow you to copy in the necessary DLLs and run it that way. Include the MSVCRT runtimes and a few of the latest DirectX DLLs, and it should work."

Under his name, it said "PCSX2 Programmer", so... yeah.

Is this possible with 1.0.0 or did things change too much to do this? And what files would I need for the MSVCRT runtimes? I already have DirectX 9, 10, and 11's DLL downloaded.

Help is appreciated. Smile
From my experience, when a program looks for a DLL, it always searches its own directory first.

Assume that your PC don't have DirectX and VC++ runtime libraries installed. Run PCSX2, and when it ask for a specific DLL, copy it. Repeat the step until it runs. Mellow
Thanks for the reply. Smile

Boo ya. After you said that, I tried just copying the D3DX9, 10, and 11 DLL's to the same directory and it worked. Thanks. Laugh

I had them in a separate folder within the PCSX2 folder. All the files for PCSX2 were in the PCSX2 folder though, so it wasn't looking in the DirectX folder.

PCSX2 1.0.0 is completely portable now, for me. Yay Laugh.
I currently have just downloaded pcsx2 1.0.0 as well and I want to know if there is any way in which I can paste the required DLLs onot my flash drive.
If there isn't any way in doing so then it's fine.